Tue, Oct 22, 4:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Reflections within reflections

mhossack ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 3:06 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:41 AM

Hi,

I recenly did this image: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1617464 in C6 Pro and have a question about reflections.

If you look at the gold sphere, for example, you can see the silver one reflected in it which is fine. However, where I would expect to see the sphere reflected again there is just blackness. Is that normal or have I missed a setting that will allow the reflections to show within each other repeatedly - hope that makes sense!

Thanks.

Mark

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 4:39 AM

file_401385.jpg

Hi Mark,

What you are talking about is the Ray Depth of reflection - that is, how many times the light ray travels back and forth with the reflection information. It is adjustable.

Mark

mhossack ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 5:40 AM

Thanks a lot Mark. I knew there was something I was missing.

Rendering now and it looks a lot better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.