Wed, Oct 2, 9:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: MS error reports after full render in new P7 install

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 7:53 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 7:17 PM

file_401434.jpg

I've just got P7 stabilized and was just getting comfortable when these errors started. The render finishes, which is really dissappointing,, then it's a closedown without save. SR2 installed. Is there a 1st day installation cure or some pref switch I can do? I'm on Scree3D

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 8:27 PM

I sort of remember people having this problem and it was caused by using the external renderer with firewall enabled?  If you're using the external renderer, try the internal, and possibly temporarily disable your firewall if it's on, at least just to diagnose it.

My Freebies

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 8:35 PM

Sorry but unclear to me,, external renderer? FF? I've never used that term and the interface looks the same as P6 to me. Tried with fwall off to no avail.

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 8:45 PM

Look in the General Preferences.  You'll find a choice for 'external renderer'.
This is a separate little EXE (FFRENDER.EXE) which can render on its
own, leaving Poser's code open for other activities.   Poser sends a
file to this EXE, containing basically the same info that the PZ3 has ...
and firewalls sometimes see this file-sending as a "virus-like"
activity.   If you uncheck 'external renderer', you'll return to the earlier
all-in-Poser rendering.

With some firewalls, just turning the firewall off isn't enough; you
actually have to uninstall.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 9:10 PM

file_401443.jpg

Oye. No such option in the likely place.

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 9:12 PM

The Separate Process box is the one.  But it's already unchecked,
so that's not your problem anyway.

The MS error feels more to me like a memory problem than
a firewall problem ...

One thing that seems to pop up often is
video driver cards disliking Poser 7.  You might look in your
computer's System to find the name and specs of your video
card, and then check online to see if there's an updated driver
available.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 9:15 PM

Also, have you looked at the actual data given in the MS error?
It's hopelessly cryptic, but there will be one major number that
looks something like

0xC0000000000015

and you can look up those numbers to see what the problem is.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 9:19 PM

I'll do that but, it was just installed new and updated 2 weeks ago. Thanks to both for the help. Just installation quirks, I hope.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 5:00 AM

Do you still have the problem?  If so can you post a screenshot of your render settings?

My Freebies

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 6:18 AM

file_401474.jpg

Yep. Nothing here really. Max undos set to 1. Binaries off. I do get an obj file search, though. My runtime add to P7( I think) is not correct even though it's exactly the same as it was in P6. This CR2 (1st post) asked to find the hair obj. Still does.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 6:35 AM · edited Fri, 07 March 2008 at 6:37 AM

Those are pretty tame render settings, although I don't see why it should blow up at the END of a render - however if you already have errors with your runtime it certainly does make sense to fix those first, hopefully that will fix your render problem.

PS: if you have a mutli core processor, you ought to go back to Preferences and set Number of Threads higher (no reason not to set it to 4).

My Freebies

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 6:48 AM

Thanks. Several similar "end of render" crashes with P7 in the threads here... Just not the right fixes.

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 11:36 AM

P7 can get totally hung up when searching for an OBJ.  It works best
with the "search depth" preference set to Shallow, but can still get
locked, and can get confused between folder names and file names
in some situations

If you're rendering after an OBJ was missing, that's a likely candidate
for the remainder of the problem.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

lkendall ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 11:56 AM

3/7/08

This may be a memory problem. I get MS error messages when I try to render V 4.2 with morphs installed (texture, hair, simple cloths, simple scene). As pointed out by mapps, V 4.2 with morphs is a true memory/resource hog. Any scene that pushes the limits with Poser 7 can produce errors and shut downs.

If the /3GB memory switch (in the boot.ini file of your root directory) will work on your computer (XP) then you may be able to render larger scenes. This switch may not work on some older computers, with smoe video cards, or some versions of XP. There is a similar switch for Vista 32 bit computers. A google search will turn up more than enough information on this subject.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 12:16 PM

Have a look in Control panel > administration tool > Events > application  and system .

I am not 100% sure of those names but if you look at the menus it should get you there .

Make a not of any errors logged at the time of the failure.

Check your page file(virtual memory) is set higher than the default , or just set to system managed .

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 7:44 PM

C:DOCUME~1somepoorsuckerLOCALS~1TempWER3dd6.dir00Poser.exe.mdmp C:DOCUME~1somepoorersuckerstillLOCALS~1TempWER3dd6.dir00appcompat.txt szModVer:0.0.0.0 offset:0000000 szModName:hungapp ...the usual suspects. I did up my virtual memory to the recommended level. Thanks. Forgot to do that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.