Fri, Oct 4, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Selecting Preview Panels?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 3:19 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:16 PM

What is the proper way to switch between the Preview Panels? 

Whatever I try I always end up changing what alse is currently selected; hence making my Parameters Pallette jump from where it is at, which requires resetting.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 5:50 PM

Each of Poser's Rooms stores the palette positions etc., so you need to have visited each Room and adjusted everything before saving you preferred state.
It can also be useful to set a GUI dot for each Room in case something whacks the layout.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:18 PM

file_401661.jpg

Thanks nruddock! 

But what I'm asking does'nt have anything to do with wanting to switch rooms, nor create alternate GUI dots, or set a preferrance; I do'nt think?

Right now I'm working with 4 cameras at once(see attached picture,) because I'm developing a new outfit for V3, from Photoshop.  Currently the AUX_CAMERA 4 Port is Selected.    But Lets say I want to render the Main Camera port.  How do I just switch ports, without changing the selection of the Parameters Palette?

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:55 PM

Just right click and then don't actually do anything with the context menu, it will change focus to each pane of the preview.

My Freebies

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 10:31 PM

Thanks!

That's what I'm doing.  How do you get the Context Menu to go away?  I usually click on the top of the preview window, where the name of the file is. 

But this is just an extra step, there should be another way?

stewer ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 5:24 AM

The best kept secret in Poser: the shift key.
Holding shift while clicking will keep the current actor selection. That works not just for selecting preview panes but also for dragging in the window to manipulate things.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:10 PM

Wow, awsome, stewer; thank you so much, this was a huge help, yippee!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.