Sun, Oct 6, 6:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Help a noob

Jackpumpkinhead ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 5:35 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 8:13 AM

i am having a lot of difficulty with the face mapping photos
i have played around with faceshop some too
but still am having trouble
i am thinking about switching to iclone
but i am not sure that i will get realistic rusults
please help me

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 8:26 PM

hang tite, help is on the way. All I know about that is that it's done in the face room (or at least in my version. Never actually done it myself).

can you give us some pics of what you're trying to do? that would be a start...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 10:53 PM

Attached Link: Question about working with flattened 3D skin templates.

I think it is that you want to create a Map, for an existing Model; rather than create a Model, from an existing Map?

If so, every 3D Figure/Object has what is known as a UV Map associated with it.  This is what Textures are made from.  It's like a 2D version of the Wireframe of a 3D model.  If you have the UV Map for the model you want to map, you're aal set.  If not you need to find it, or make it yourself with a nifty free program like UV Mapper.  Then see the the thread I replied to the other day, at the attached link.  It is s quick tutorial for how to create a Texture Map, with Photoshop.

Jackpumpkinhead ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 8:38 AM

the face room in poser is what i am having trouble with
when i upload a photo it is really really hard to get everything li8ned up right
i sucks
is there any easier way

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:17 PM

The Face Room is a lot of work.  The biggest problem is that you only get one sitting to get it done; there is no way to save your progress and then pick up on it later.  So, it's a lot of practice; and you really need to be quick too.

Jackpumpkinhead ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 5:35 PM

this is painful
is there an easier way than this

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.