Thu, Sep 19, 6:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: V.4 morph distribution

jjroland ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 9:29 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:59 PM

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or a method of saving and distributing custom morphs for V4 without using purchased programs?

Or is that in fact the only way?
I know there is Injection Magic whis is suppose to work for custom morphs.

Other than that is the only way to just zip up the .obj and expect people to manually load it?

An additional question.

Say I have 3 different morphs for different parts of the body.  I want to distribute them in such a way that when loaded each morph will have a seperate dial.  Is this possible?  What is the best method for achieving that?

Any additional and helpful information on this mysterious topic would also be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 9:39 PM

My SpawnCharacterP6 python script will do what you want. Since V4 has injection channels, you can use it.
Here's how you do it::

• load V4, no morphs, put her in zero pose with IK off;
  • apply ONE of your morphs at its maximum value;
  • run SpawnCharacterP6.py and let it create INJ/REM poses.

Rinse and repeat for the other two morphs.

You can find the script in my freestuff.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

jjroland ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 9:58 PM

Has anyone told you today that you are an incredibly nice guy!!
Thank you for that info - all the help you give
and giving away so many great free things =D

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 4:26 PM

Does this work for V3?

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 4:33 PM

I believe he actually created it for the millenium 3 figures.  It worked very well with V4.2 also.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 4:40 PM

Thanks Jjroland.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 7:57 PM

svdl I am using poser 7 and a mac. I just tried your script and it works beautifully! Amazing. You are clever! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 9:59 PM

onee quick question. I had to put in a number that the script wanted, and I chose the highest which was 8. Does that mean my V4.2 with the injection pose applied is identical to my previous V4.2, or is it slightly lesser quality/slightly different? It looks the same, but I just rendered and I don't knolw if it's the lighting, but her thigh looks a little odd in a pose. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

sweetpegster ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 5:42 PM

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:Program Filese frontierPoser 7RuntimePythonSpawnCharacterP6.py", line 289, in btnGenerateClick
    vertCount=geom.NumVertices()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'NumVertices'

I am trying to run this script, before i get this message a box pops up that just says body morphs and will hang, when i x out that box after another long hang i will get that message....any ideas what im doing wrong?

jjroland ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 5:54 PM

Esther I put in a value of 6 for mine.  I didn't notice a difference in quality.  I don't think there is much of one, it just refers to how many digits the morph value has I believe as in 5.0000 or 5.000000
He does cover that in the read me but honestly I just skimmed that part.

Sweet,
I got that error as well.  One thing to do is to check your pose file and see if the file was created anyway.  I never did get a "Done" message.  Probably my screwy comp.  I think sometimes there are different little ins and outs for everyone.
Make sure you are inputing the "answer" in all 3 of the areas it asks for.  Double check the read me to make sure you are doing it right.  Im sorry I can't be more helpful but those are the steps I took to correct my error.

Hope these answers help a little

Goldenthrush ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 1:43 AM

Oh what a terrific little script!  I've never used one before and bam, did everything I wanted, like a charm!  I'm also on a Mac, using Poser 7.  Thanks so much!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.