Wed, Oct 2, 9:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: New Poser7 60s retro

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:28 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:44 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_401712.jpg

I think I hit the retro 60s technocolor splitscreen graphic option.. Cannot find it again, though wth?

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:48 PM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:49 PM

corrupt jpeg?
check your RAM. docmemory is your friend.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:27 PM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:28 PM
SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:32 PM

👍

You should upload it to your gallery.  Title it something like "Warhol and Pollock meet up and share some bad acid"

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:43 PM

LOL Whaddya mean? "bad" acid.. The comp is perfect... I'd check the cam but,, my next "event" was a crash.. gee, surprise. Thanks for the links.

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:47 PM

The infamous MAKE ART buttom??? :lol:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:25 PM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:26 PM

Quote - LOL Whaddya mean? "bad" acid.. The comp is perfect... I'd check the cam but,, my next "event" was a crash.. gee, surprise. Thanks for the links.

it checks the RAM.

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:42 PM

..."it checks the RAM". I did bookmark and download that utility.. thanks

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:47 PM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:49 PM

seriously, any time your programs are crashing and files start becoming corrupt is a good time to run a quick RAM check.
the havoc bad RAM can cause is unbelievable. corrupting your save files and making them unopenable is just the tip of the iceberg. imagine DVDs you burn, files you save, programs you open, etc becoming corrupt and you only find out about them weeks from now. its just as bad as a hard disk failure.

dont just bookmark it, burn it to a CD and check your RAM every few months on your machines, it takes like 5 min to run a full scan.

its not guaranteed that it is bad RAM, but this type of thing is one of the symptoms. dont put it off, you may regret it.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 7:06 PM

Well, with the specific exception of Poser, which in my experience crashes for no good reason pretty frequently.  If Cinema or Photoshop started getting crazy then I'd think about hardware problems ;)

My Freebies

linkdink ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 7:28 PM

richardson, that is one of your better renders. Seriously, if it is bad RAM, don't throw it away, swap it out but keep it around for when you want this look.

Gallery

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 7:56 PM

Hey Link,, wish that were possible. Just got it after a restart, though.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 9:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

My Freebies

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 9:18 PM

Hmmm, interesting about the RAM. I would have thought graphic card.
Thanks for the linky.

Just looks like good drugs Richardson. :lol:

Comitted to excellence through art.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 9:36 PM

SandraSiSoft is another good testing software

Comitted to excellence through art.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 9:39 PM

your graphic card has nothing at all to do with the actual poser render. it might corrupt whats in your viewport or on your screen but thats it.

it could be something simple too - that it crashed while saving your .jpeg out and what you are looking at is just a portion of the jpeg.

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 10:29 PM

"Here ya go :)" Perfect. Fooled me for a second, too "it could be something simple too - that it crashed while saving your .jpeg out and what you are looking at is just a portion of the jpeg" It may very well be memory. I'll have to let a tech head I know check it out. The post render freezes started the day I installed P7 with SRs. Something is definatly amiss.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 3:44 AM

Went to download the ram tester and instead of going to a download when I hit the download button it took me to simmtester.com and I have to register there to use it so although thanks for the heads up....no thanks.   8^)
Tried 3 times to download it from PC world and that's where I get sent.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 8:04 AM · edited Tue, 11 March 2008 at 8:13 AM

ah, my bad Marque -- this is what i get for not actually clicking through the link and checking. note this is only for PCs.

here you go:
http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.4a.iso.zip

thats a direct link to the zip. this time i downloaded it, extracted it and scanned for viruses. ive done everything short of actually burning it because unfortunately i have no CDs. this is the program i use. you only have to burn it to a CD ONCE and youll have the testing disc made, ive been using the same one for ten years now.

1. extract the .iso from the .zip

2. burn the ISO to a CD. this is a disk image, so you have to burn it as such and not simply burn as a data CD.
    i use Nero Burning ROM, in Nero from the main interface you click Recorder > Burn Image. in any other burning app just check the HELP files on how to burn an ISO image.

3. put the CD in your drive, reboot. when your system boots it will ask you if you want to boot from CD, click yes.
    the test starts automatically. there are several subtests, on the right it will say PASS 0 -- when that hits 1 you can quit the test and boot normally. your first time testing your memory you can let it run through a couple times for good measure (it just loops the test over and over). the time it takes depends on how much RAM you have, but overall its not a long time. should be a part of your regular system maintenance routine, check your memory every few months or so.

what it looks like when its running.

what it looks like when it detects ram failures.

if one of several sticks of RAM is bad you can use this to detect which one (by noting the memory address of the errors). like this guy above has 2 gigs of ram and the errors are around the 1800s - thats most likely his second stick, next step would be to remove the second stick and test again repeatedly. ideally you should see NO errors - there is no such thing as a 'small' memory error.
of course if you are using dual channel memory/paired memory this doesnt work, but it will still let you figure out which stick to chuck out. if you confirm that the RAM is bad, then mark them clearly with a piece of masking tape and BAD or BAD? on them and/or chuck them or warranty them. you dont want some poor shmuck finding them later and putting them in a computer unknowingly.

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 5:11 PM

Yep Ram Not the way I like to find out, though. Once I dragged the boot file onto the floppy,,, it crashed my system. It would not reboot until I removed offending stick of Ram. Just glad to have a pc at this point. Course,, your success may vary

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 5:17 PM

well, glad you got it sorted out anyway.
as bad as it is to find out you have bad RAM, the sooner you find out the better.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 5:56 PM

Ahh that's ok.  8^)
Got it this time. Yup on a pc.
Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.