Mon, Jul 8, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:07 am)

Subject: Poser 7 and rendering over a video clip.

RET80 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 5:59 PM · edited Tue, 25 June 2024 at 6:01 AM

I am having this really annoying issue with Poser 7
I import an .avi file as a background (using advanced material editor, background selected)
I can see it fine in preview and when I render in preview settings
but as soon as I choose firefly render, it DOES NOT want to render using the background, only background colors (in this case, grey).

I really need this to work using firefly and Poser 7.  Anyone having this same problem? Is there a workaround for it, I tried on a different machine and it does the SAME thing.

Thank you so much!

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:16 PM

Not a solution but I do that by combining the two animations in a video editor . Render the poser stuff on a odd color background and chroma-key in the video app.

RET80 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:22 PM

Quote - Not a solution but I do that by combining the two animations in a video editor . Render the poser stuff on a odd color background and chroma-key in the video app.

Hmmm, I tried that before too using green and blue chroma keys but that's really bad if thats the ONLY option available...

There has to be a better way...

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:35 PM

is "Render over Background Picture" on in Render Settings ? that would be my first guess

RET80 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:36 PM

Quote - is "Render over Background Picture" on in Render Settings ? that would be my first guess

Tried it under render settings, even tried using the BG shader too..
Nada.

ghonma ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 10:42 PM

Render as a series of tiffs or png files (which will have an alpha mask) and comp them over your avi. You shouldn't be rendering out a single movie file in the first place.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 12:47 AM

man, this gets asked all the time. I was hoping somebody would know by now.
if ya can't do the video editing, then use the single-sided square as background.
map the movie to the square.

skeetshooter ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 10:59 AM

Given the tricky tasks and processing power -- and render time -- demands of trying to render over video, I'm not sure why ANYONE would ever opt to do so compared to just dropping Poser PNG images output into a video editor and laying in the background video beneath it.  I've had great success with it, and even succeeded in matching the shadows and lighting of the Poser foreground objects to the lighting, color tone and shadows of the background video.
SS

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 3:37 PM

meh i ALWAYS render straight to video i also sometimes drive over 55 !!!

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 12:37 AM

I've said this like twice already this week; I think if it comes to using a prop to texture, I would definitely use a sphere prop.  You would be pleasantly surprised to see how well mapped the inside of a Sky Dome is:

I was hoping someone would have mentioned the actual name of the Video node...Did you use the Video node?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.