Sat, Sep 21, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: What happened to all the poser contests??

willowdream ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 8:41 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:44 AM

I've recently returned after quite a few years away...and I remember there was almost always 1 or 2 poser contests going on... now, I havent seen any :(

Where did the interest go?  And what do we do in order to get more contests!!??

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 8:56 AM

Renderosity is going to be running more contests in the future.  The problems have been shortage of staff and existing staff members either stepping down or changing roles. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

willowdream ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 9:12 AM

I seem to recall a lot of the contests were vendor sponsored...are the vendors not interested anymore or is it just the problem of rosity staff?

I would love to see more contests, and would love to help bring them back if there is anything I can do to help...

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 9:46 AM · edited Thu, 13 March 2008 at 9:48 AM

speaking for myself and vendors i know, many of us are interested in offering contests..... but vendors have their hands tied in terms of spontaneously sponsoring contests.
most of it is their fault - some used to post a contest every couple months to coincide with a product release, but it got out of hand when 3000 merchants all started contests with every single product, upcoming product announcement, product update, etc.

as much as i liked the old atmosphere of informal contests, and even informal advertising in the Poser forum and galleries, you really need to impose limits on things or they just get out of hand as people take advantage.

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 9:54 AM

And so goes natural selection, lol

Imposed control from the top seldom results in control but ends in elimination.

All contest are now in the contest forum willow. Contest are at other sites with less 'control' and more enthusiasm.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 10:11 AM

you'd tire quickly of contests if all restrictions were lifted and each time someone released a 'high res morphing lampshade' for poser it would be accompanied by some mega-giveaway or naming contest in the main forums.

willowdream ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 10:27 AM · edited Thu, 13 March 2008 at 10:29 AM

geoegress I just looked at the contest you posted in the contest forum.. it looks quite interesting...I may have to look closer and see if I can come up with something :)  thank you for drawing my attention to that quiet little spot.

as for restrictions, I agree there need to be restrictions in place so that contest posting doesnt get out of hand.  I seem to have missed the contest explosion when I took a rather extended leave of absence, and I think I am happy about that lol.

yes there should be some guidelines in place by rosity... but not so many that it causes there to be no contests...

I did enjoy the contests immensely, especcially when I had artists block.  I can see how it could have/did get out of control. 

I do like that some are taking the contests into their own hands and running them on their own sites, however, that can make it difficult to keep track of.  I really like that rosity has the contest feature, and for people that dont read the forums or wander other sites as often as they should... having the contests posted in one place is an awesome resource :)

I hope that something can be worked out between all parties :) I would love to see some new contests in that section specific to poser :)

bats her eyelashes and gives that little puppy dog stare pretty please!  I'd even be willing to foot the bill for a rosity market gift certificate as a prize for a really good contest (knowing that means I cant enter, but if it starts a trend of quality contests I will be happy!)

edit: wow i just noticed how badly i jump around from topic to topic when im not quite awake at work lol Sorry!!

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 11:06 AM

Also, once I get settled and jobbed up (yeah, working here is a job, but could, in no way, shape, or form pay for gas money, let alone rent and food), challenges will be back to monthly, instead of wheneverthehelljenihasasteadylife :P  I know, I know, other people could run it.  I'm anal, and I don't let anyone touch my baby.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.