Fri, Oct 4, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: What does the 'Weld Group' button on Group editor do?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 2:45 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 7:21 PM

What does the 'Weld Group' button on Group editor do?

The group editor only lets you pick one group at a time, so, it's not to weld groups together?

Cheers,
Lara

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 4:58 PM

Quote - What does the 'Weld Group' button on Group editor do?

The group editor only lets you pick one group at a time, so, it's not to weld groups together?

It's for welding any seperate parts of one group.
A group can be in serveral parts for a number of reasons, but the most usual one is regrouping in the Setup room.

If you want to weld two or more groups together you'll need to use the weld option on export or use a modelling program.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 9:16 AM

So, for example,  if I wanted to insert a couple of back vertebrae bones to make a figure more limber, it would be possible?

Cheers,
-Lara

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

EdW ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 10:29 AM

Yes you can add more bones. The downside of regrouping is that the morphs on the figure will usually be broken and no longer work correctly.

You can also weld two separate groups by adding one group to another group, then using the weld command to weld them together. This will also break the morphs in the figure.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 2:18 PM

It's important to remember the difference in behaviour of the grouping tool when used in the Setup room and the Pose room.

When used in the Setup room you are working on the figure as a whole and can move polygons between body parts (breaking any morphs) and probably creating unwelded segements.

When used in the Pose room you can only work on one existing group to create subgroups which is useful for changing material assignments or limiting the affect of a magnet.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 4:44 PM

I think I understand now.   I couldn't find how to make a new group show up in the drop down list without making it a material group.

I'm working on articulating props for Poser, I haven't added morphs, yet.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Lara

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.