Fri, Jul 19, 10:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 18 5:54 pm)

Subject: IBL Brights from 4Blueyes

Lenora2 ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 11:55 AM · edited Mon, 01 April 2024 at 1:07 PM

Well, I bought a while ago, this fantastic set of lights to Poser7, created by 4Blueyes(avaiable at Daz3D), but I'm having a problem...

I load my scene (with characters, environment and others) and load the light, and, after rendering almost half of the image Poser shuts down.

I know this is probably because my pc is not that fancy but I can render fine big images with global lights and lots of stuff, so I don't quite understand what's happening.

I hope someone could indicate me a good render setting to render my final images with this setlight.

Thanks already!

Glasswren ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 12:07 PM

Well, I certainly don't have a 'fancy' computer. When I render with those lights, I usually reduce the bucket size a lot. I think I even did one with 4.

Other settings are usually rather high for quality. Rendering can take a very long time though.

MaskimXul ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 12:57 PM

The AO on the IBL light might be bogging you down... uncheck it in the light properties and try rendering :)

Lenora2 ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 3:16 PM

Thanks guys for the opinions! I usually lower my bucket size too (I do believe that it takes long to render, it's a very detailed light) but unchecking the AO will, eventually, take away one of the most fantastic effects that the light gives... gonna give it a try anyway!

AnAardvark ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 7:58 PM

Quote - Thanks guys for the opinions! I usually lower my bucket size too (I do believe that it takes long to render, it's a very detailed light) but unchecking the AO will, eventually, take away one of the most fantastic effects that the light gives... gonna give it a try anyway!

You are probably better off using AO on individual materials anyway. There is a great product in the store called "Occlusion Master", which is a Python script which lets you set AO on an object by material, or you can do it by hand in the material room. You don't need the overhead of having Firefly calculate the AO on items which won't benefit.

MaskimXul ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 8:20 AM

Quote -
You are probably better off using AO on individual materials anyway. There is a great product in the store called "Occlusion Master", which is a Python script which lets you set AO on an object by material, or you can do it by hand in the material room. You don't need the overhead of having Firefly calculate the AO on items which won't benefit.

I agree, AO on the figures instead of the lights is a much better solution and can still reduce render times,  since you don't really need it on everything, such as hair. Occlusion Master is a great tool and very easy to use.

4blueyes ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 8:49 AM

Most of the times AO with IBL can bring even the strongest PCs to their virtual knees, particularly if lots of transmaps are used in the scene. Rendering the scene twice might be the solution: 1. With AO on everything except the hair/other offending object (by turning the Visible in Raytracing option off in Properties) 2. With AO turned off in IBL Properties but Visible in Raytracing turned ON - this way the hair will cast shadows but will not kill the machine with AO calculating. and combining the two renders in postwork later. Hope this helps and sorry for finding this thread so late :( Michal 4blueyes

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.