Tue, Oct 22, 2:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:01 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Please make the gallery viewable for for anyone!

Xpleet ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 8:59 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:24 AM

I don't like giving friends my account and password everytime just so they can vue the pictures on the gallery that I made :(

Is there any chance to open the gallery for everyone? Why is it restricted for users right away?

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 9:45 AM

Xpleet, you must not share your username and password with anyone else. That is in breach of our site's TOS.

You can give anyone your gallery URL:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=559996

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 9:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=Xpleet

I'm pretty certain visitors can view the gallery, but you have to give them the correct URL. This should be the one at the bottom of your gallery page (see attached link for yours).

Handing out your username and password is a really bad idea (and is likely to be a TOS violation).

Xpleet ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 9:56 AM · edited Sun, 16 March 2008 at 9:59 AM

Yes I know but of course I only do that for very few ones who i trust.

Otherwise I would always have to send them over messenger which is pretty annoying over time.

Anyway I did not know how to give them the links to the gallery correctly.

Can they only view my Gallery or also other images?

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 10:16 AM

They can view anything in the galleries, but they have to be logged in as users to view items flagged with nudity or violence. They also have to be logged in to use Freestuff, or to participate in the forums.

Again, please do not share your username and password, at all. It's a TOS violation.

"you are terrifying

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 11:39 AM

Why don't you ask your friends to sign up with Renderosity? After all, membership is free, and I'm pretty sure a large percentage of 'rosity members are just doing that - browse the galleries, lurk at the forums, and be invisible otherwise. No problem there.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 9:01 AM

No, you cannot see anything in the galleries when you are not logged in. I just tried with a different browser and once you select a different gallerie and genre you are asked to log in. I hope you keep it like this - anyone who wants to see the images should sign up.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Xpleet ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 9:34 AM

Quote - No, you cannot see anything in the galleries when you are not logged in. I just tried with a different browser and once you select a different gallerie and genre you are asked to log in. I hope you keep it like this - anyone who wants to see the images should sign up.

Hm well that's where we'd disagree :-/

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 10:48 AM

Quote - No, you cannot see anything in the galleries when you are not logged in. I just tried with a different browser and once you select a different gallerie and genre you are asked to log in. I hope you keep it like this - anyone who wants to see the images should sign up.

Yes, direct links to a gallery will work, though.

"you are terrifying

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 11:21 AM

Yes, a direct link works. But as soon as you select something from the drop down menue it isn't working anymore and I like that.

Just let those who are not members stay out of our galleries. There are already enough who are harvesting other peoples artwork and upload them to other sites or do whatever with them. No need to extend that to everyone who stumbles in here by chance.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 2:51 AM

Yep, I have to agree with Puntomaus, especially as someone who has had his artwork stolen from here on occasion, it is great the way it is.

It would also invite all sorts of things like spammers, flammers and other general net vandals if we openned it up to everyone.

Also there is the nudity issue to consider.  There is a fair amount of adult art (though quite tame) on this site, no need to attract negative attention.

Though I am glad to know I can send out links to my gallery for friends to see.  Very handy option.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.