Tue, Oct 1, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: stupid question.. but .............

ruth3d ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 2:56 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 2:27 PM

Hi,

I know for most, or all, this could be a stupid question... but i have to ask... i've just got the upgrades for aiko and victoria. when i load either character into poser they apear, and render with bra and knickers, how can i get rid of these...? i have dresses which look stupid with the bra showing....

thanks.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 3:00 PM

That's the default texture.  If you have another character/texture pack, use that instead of the default.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 3:12 PM

I wish all the UKers knew how cool "knickers" sounds to Americans. So much more fun and naughty than the boring "panties."

But we can't actually use that phrase ourselves in conversation. Saying 'knickers' without a British accent will elicit snickers.

::::: Opera :::::

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 3:40 PM

Well operaguy if you think the word "knickers" is funny you should really get a kick out of this www.pcplanets.com/videoyoutube-Johnny-Trunk-amp-Wisbey-Ladies-Bras.zgBrIII6NTE.shtml

Enjoy! :b_grin:

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 3:45 PM

had to turn it off about 5 seconds in in order to preserve my quaint hetro delicious fun on "knickers." 

stormchaser ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 4:22 PM

'Knickers' is much more fun than 'panties' for sure!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 5:00 PM

Quote - Hi,

I know for most, or all, this could be a stupid question... but i have to ask... i've just got the upgrades for aiko and victoria. when i load either character into poser they apear, and render with bra and knickers, how can i get rid of these...? i have dresses which look stupid with the bra showing....

thanks.

You need to replace the default texture with another one from a character addon package.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 6:49 PM
Site Admin

I don't know about knickers sounding naughty. That's what my Grandma knee lenth shorts. Ok now every one picture their Grandma in knickers. Are you wanting to see her in panties, or knee length shorts?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 7:24 PM

RedPhantom are you British?

I don't know about others, but to my American ear it sounds, well, naughty!

::::: Opera :::::

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 8:17 PM

Funny, the different usages we all have.  To me, being a Brit, "panties" always sounds funny.  Sort of overly polite but vaguely smutty in a stupid scoolboy sort of way.  "Knickers", on the other hand, is an inherently funny word, in the same way as "carrot".

We have several slang words for knickers, too.  Crackers, undies and keks are the ones I can think of at the moment.

I really should try to put together a guide to British usage and slang for the non-Brits here.

My Store

My Gallery

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 8:23 PM · edited Tue, 18 March 2008 at 8:24 PM
Site Admin

no I'm not Brittish. I'm from the US and my Grandma was from Detriot. Maybe it's a local term.

It's strange how we all speak English but say different things.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 9:35 PM

we use 'undies' here as a light-hearted euphamism for the garment in question. To us "crackers" means crazy.

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 10:17 PM

I always used Knickers as a child to describe undergarments. My mother use to always say do not get your knickers in a knot and I thought everyone called them knickers. The other one was Brand Names, such as Looms (for Fruit of the Looms) BVD, along with a few others. Some had a little more risque meaning behind them.. the only one I remember now is Bobby Brooks. That, a girl explained to me when the song was popular.

ratscloset
aka John

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 11:21 PM

Quote - we use 'undies' here as a light-hearted euphamism for the garment in question. To us "crackers" means crazy.

Yep, we use crackers for crazy, too.  It all depends on the context.

My Store

My Gallery

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:22 AM

Go to the pose or Materials room and there is a totally nude texture there

Eternal Hobbyist

ruth3d ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 1:11 AM

Thanks for the help.

I'll maybe use american terms in the future! And, Panties really does sound naughty to me!

ruth

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 7:58 AM

When something is really tight like a jar lid or a screw around here we say it's tighter than a nun's knickers.

EpiEndless ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 9:11 AM

OK, I got sidetracked into this from a thread elsewhere.

As a Brit, I tend to use knickers to mean a somewhat  looser (though attractive) garment.  Not necessarily the huge baggies of old.  It also has a saucy connotation.

Panties I take to be a generally stretchy skin-tight garment (to my eyes a less attractive design).

And for some reason, while I don't mind 'panties', I hate the word 'panty'.

And while I've never heard them called 'crackers' I would understand the term 'undercrackers'.

Epi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.