Mon, Sep 9, 7:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Transferring Custom Morphs from characters to clothing

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 3:55 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 7:18 AM

I'm getting back into Poser after a few years on another project and I would greatly appreciate any help on some topics.

My problem of the day is, as the title says, to transfer a custom morph from a character to this character's clothing.

Let's say I'm taking V4 and I am making a morph to turn her into an old crone.
I make a full body morph which I call Old_Crone.
Now, I want this new character to be able to wear some V4 clothes.

Back in the old days, I would use The Tailor to achieve this.
Now, I have tried, and The Tailor keeps saying it cannot open the new character because it has something wrong in the pmd.

So, what tool is used to solve this problem nowadays ?

• does The Tailor 1.6 still work ? Must I apply some clever workaround ?
  • must I use Wardrobe Wizard ?
  • is there any other tool out there that does the job ?

Many thanks in advance for any help you may give.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 4:19 PM

Wardrobe Wizard is not compulsory :)

But it will do a good job of creating morphs in the clothing to match your figure.

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 4:54 PM

3/24/08

PhilC:

If I use WW2 to fit clothing to a morphed V4.2, do I get all of the joint magnets too? I hope that question is clear enough to answer. A highly morphed V4.2 causes memory (RAM) problems for my computer. The figure is so heavy with magnets, it makes no sense for me to add extra magnets in the cloths.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 5:09 PM

It is the same as with any V4 clothing, you'll need to apply the DAZ supplied Magnetize Clothing pose.

Or put another way,  magnets are not duplicated unnecessarily.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 5:15 PM

file_402679.jpg

Wardrobe Wizard is extremely impressive, imo.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 5:16 PM

file_402680.jpg

another one that came out well...

My Freebies

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 5:25 PM

Good. So it seems Wardrobe Wizard is a tool with two great indications.
I'm glad I bought it.

Although, since you are here PhilC, I'd like to advocate an expansion for anime specific figures :

• Anime Doll, by Maya (which is not exactly the same as Maya Doll, especially when it comes to the hips and neck)

• Himeko, by Billy T (sold on renderosity's market)
    http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=37795&

• Miki Doll, by PoserMatic
    http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=45114

Oh, and if it's an issue for the 2 last ones : just drop them in your public wish list and let me know. I'll be happy to offer them to you if it helps them get WW2 support.

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 11:33 AM

There is a point update with Tailor. v`1.6**1.
**I've never used .pmd's with Tailor either (not to say you cant)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

bopperthijs ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 12:20 PM

The Tailor 1.61 cannot be used on V4.1 and V4.2 or A4, because the cr2-files use a new ERC -setting, which the Tailor cannot read, Using V4.1+ and A4  gives an error message in Tailor.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

compiler ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 1:43 PM

Ah. Thanks for confirming that.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 2:10 PM

Quote - The Tailor 1.61 cannot be used on V4.1 and V4.2 or A4, because the cr2-files use a new ERC -setting, which the Tailor cannot read, Using V4.1+ and A4  gives an error message in Tailor.

There is the usual workaround of creating a CR2 with all the channel information in it by saving to the library.
There is however an added wrinkle if you do this from P7 (and possibly P6 SR3)  because there's a new ERC keyword that The Tailor doesn't understand and which has to be edioted out of the CR2 before it can be used.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 5:41 PM

-There is however an added wrinkle if you do this from P7 (and possibly P6 SR3)  because there's a new ERC keyword that The Tailor doesn't understand

That's what I meant!
I made a workaround by removing those keywords from the CR2-file and saving as a new CR2-file but IMO it takes a very long time to transfer the morphs from the body to the cloth, even on my dual-core 4GB-machine.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.