Fri, Sep 20, 6:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Need a skin color palette

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 10:49 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:34 AM

I want to start painting in photoshop now that I have a tablet. I need a skin color palette.
If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.
Thanks

aprilgem ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 11:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.furiae.com

You can very easily make your own palette. What I normally do is take inkdrop samples from a photo.

It's better that way, anyway, because the colors will depend on the ambient lighting and ethnicity. There's no one palette that will serve all your needs.

But if you'd like to see a great tutorial on skin, there's a really good one at furiae.com.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 11:55 AM

I didn't see a tutorial on there.... Just a blog.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 11:56 AM

nevermind i found the tutorials page... it was hard to read.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 3:03 PM

file_401214.jpg

Here is a preview of what I'm working on. Here is what I have gotten done so far. Its hard painting a life like figure.

aprilgem ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 3:05 PM

Looks like you're using a Poser figure as a base. That should help.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 3:14 PM

yeah I am. At least until I get really good at it and dont need it. but that will be a while lol

Tanchelyn ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 7:11 AM

A handy trick is to add some extra space to your canvas. Divide it into small squares with guides and fill each of the squares with a colour you want to use.

When in brush mode, holding down Alt gives you the euyedropper tool so you can choose your colour. Then let go and continue painting.
Choose your hues a bit apart and add a new layer for each one. That way you can easily fade it or rework it without touching the other layers.

There are no Borg. All resistance is fertile.

bonestructure ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 8:09 AM

Try this to make a palette. Make a square canvas, say 600 by 600. make the top half on the canvas white, make the bottom black. Make a square in a new layer. small enough so that it covers the white in height but just a little in width. Paint the square with a good average skin color. Duplicate the square layer until you've covered the white and the black with a number of squares. Now, take each square in turn and modify the opacity of the layer so that you get a selection of both lighter and darker tones of the same basic skin color. That's a palette. It's a time consuming but very good way to pick colors for just about any use. In the case of skin color, you might try making the black half dark brown.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.