Mon, Oct 7, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Help with Poser problem(com.obj)

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 3:06 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:20 AM

I recently went through and removed files I wasn't using and now when I try to load any figure Poser asks me to locate com.obj . It doesn't matter what figure I try to load and I've done a complete search for com.obj and can't locate it anywhere. I've saved my runtime just in case something like this happened but would still like to remove most of my unused stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 4:44 AM

I have Poser 6, and it contains no such file.

John

mwafarmer ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 5:54 AM

I have P7 and it's in RuntimeGeometriesBalance. Could it be related to Poser's auto-balance feature? Looks as though a reinstall is called for.

Mike

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 11:01 AM

Mwafarmer is correct.  I made the same mistake once when housecleaning.
I thought the Balance folder held the mesh for a "scale of justice" I had made,
so I deleted it. 

A better design would have kept all necessary pieces in a completely separate
area from the user-installed Geometries!  

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 11:11 AM

My bad :(  I have it, but it's an OBZ.  Duh!

John

mwafarmer ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 2:16 PM

Quote - Mwafarmer is correct.

Do you mind if I print that out and stick it on my wall!

:-)

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 4:05 PM

I'm always amazed at people worrying abotu every single wasted byte on thier computer.. they'll spend week and weeks deleting things, and reorganising.

Your computer is supposed to create less work, not more!  Just buy another hard drive, or pull an old one from an older system, and pop in in your current rig if you can.

Or spend $100, and buy a 500 gig external drive.. you won't have to worry about cleaning up wasted space for quite a few years!

I think in 4 years I've spent maybe a total of one hour tops rearranging files, and organising my stuff.

Just make enough new runtimes for new catagories as you think of them, and just install things there.

Then take that all that un needed organisation time, and go outside, enjoy life, and have fun with your family!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 5:53 PM

Ah, but organizing things is part of "enjoying life" for me!  So if
I stopped doing it, I'd be deleting part of my enjoyment as well.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 10:31 PM

No reinstall needed I just replaced the runtime folder as I had saved copied it before making any changes and no problems loading any figures. Buying extra hard drive is not an option as I would rather use my money to feed and care for my family and I do enjoy life even though some people tend to make it a little hard to at times.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.