Sun, Sep 22, 12:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara 6 Pro tutorials are live - finally.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 1:05 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Hi all,

For those that are interested, there is now almost 200 new movies covering Carrara 6 Pro here.

Dark Arts will go live next week but not this week. :-P  This working for a living keeps getting in the way of what's important!

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 3:33 PM

COOOOOOL ..any chance ther eis a make cool fire explosions tut in there :woot:

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

GKDantas ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 3:39 PM

YESSS! Now I have to get some money at Paypal!

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Sueposer ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 4:00 PM

At last! (goes to website for much needed tips and tricks) Working for a living? Oops, that's where I was supposed to go today!

RadioGuy ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 10:15 PM

YES!!! Great news.  I've kept VTC active monthly waiting for this news.   Mind you I learned a lot about Adobe Ilustrator C3 in the meantime.   Now on to the C6 Pro good stuff.

Cheers

bwtr ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 10:33 PM

Mark
I just went through all the available movies.
Brilliant
Well done.
Brian

bwtr

graylensman ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 7:21 AM

I have been holding my credit card at the starting line, waiting for this. Let the modeling mayhem begin!!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 4:29 PM · edited Mon, 31 March 2008 at 1:29 PM

Sorry for the delayed response as I'm traveling and not near a computer too often.

I appreciate the kind words. I think you'll like the series. :-D  Oh, and yes, there is something on creating particle explosions/smoke with particle sprites. ;)

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 9:14 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks Mark, I sure am glad there are people like you around.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

restif ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 9:48 AM

Outstanding resource!! I'm gonna learn a ton! Thanks for these!

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 6:22 AM

O.T. Mark,where are you from? I ask this ,because I can understand your englsh quite well.I have been to London and it was really hard for me to understand.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 6:43 AM

Hi Timberwolf,

I hail from Denver, Colorado USA. Glad you can understand me!

I just try to follow the basic "common sense" rule of speaking slowly and clearly - especially since subcribers are from all over the world. There's times even I have trouble understanding english when it's spoken at 200 mph by someone from New York! :D

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 9:11 AM
Forum Moderator

Denver, eh?  I used to dig gem quality Smoky Quartz and Topaz crystals at Devil's Head not too far from Denver.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

JohnMalv ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 1:24 PM

Quote -  Hi Timberwolf,

I hail from Denver, Colorado USA. Glad you can understand me!

I just try to follow the basic "common sense" rule of speaking slowly and clearly - especially since subcribers are from all over the world. There's times even I have trouble understanding english when it's spoken at 200 mph by someone from New York! :D

I signed up with VTC last night and the first thing to hit me was the clarity and expressiveness in your voice! Friendly and clear. You could moonlight doing voice-overs for broadcast very easily. In fact, you remind me a lot of a guy I worked with in Grand Junction (know where that is? LOL). He was the go-to guy for voice overs at the video company I worked for. Lived on the western slope for 25 years and now in NJ so I know what you mean about the fast talkers LOL. Took me a while to figure out what "jew eat" meant.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 1:50 PM

I had a coworker that moved out from Boston. Although ladies thought he was good looking, he was having a hard time getting a date. So, I had to asked how he was approaching them for an evening out. He replied, "Hey, I was wunnrun if wanted to go potty with me?"  Suddenly the problem was clear. I suggested he say instead, "Hi, I was wondering if you'd like to go party with me?" No problems getting a date after that.  ;)

JohnMalv ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 7:34 PM

hehe good one :)

Thelby ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 1:31 AM · edited Wed, 02 April 2008 at 1:38 AM

LOL, Boy Mark that guy better not go to LA and say it that way cause someone is libel to take him up on that offer to "go potty" with him, LOL!!!! That was too funny. I got signed up and I am really enjoying it, thanks So Much!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 2:19 PM

Ordered my sets (Carrara and Poser, too) on Tuesday and they showed up on Wednesday! ...I guess it helps to live in the same state as the shipping locale.  :)

Anyway, I've started in on the Carrara tutes, approaching with Beginner's Mind. 

ScinttyPoo ( ) posted Sun, 06 April 2008 at 3:23 AM

Hey, I watched a few clips already.  They're great!  It seems like this time for C6, you've devoted a lot of time on shaders--which is the section that I'm most interested in.  Haven't had time to watch the other clips yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Thanks for making such a great set of tutorials.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 06 April 2008 at 5:55 PM

Doing the shader portion is always a little frustrating for me because I could do about twenty hours on the shaders alone! Seriously. The shaders are one of Carrara's most powerful features. There also addictively fun to play with.

Sueposer ( ) posted Sun, 06 April 2008 at 7:25 PM

Addiction is the word on those shaders! I spent a whole week playing with different settings for glass-like objects and metallics (when one of the presets was good enough). It was totally fun, but set me way behind on my schedule. Lucky I'm my own boss :)

piperone ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 8:21 PM · edited Mon, 07 April 2008 at 8:23 PM

Quote - I have been holding my credit card at the starting line, waiting for this. Let the modeling mayhem begin!!

Ditto.  I just started.  I saw these with C5 but knew the C6 tuts were coming.  I've finally discovered how to use the spline modeler!  Learned even more about plants.  Kinda knew most things in the vertex room but still learned more.  Thanks much.  Worth every penny.

dh

PS Colorado Springs here.

graylensman ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 1:29 PM

Okay, working through the C6 lessons on Disc 1. I've been using Carrara since, well, since it was Ray Dream Designer 3. But I knew there was tons I didn't know, even on basic stuff. Mark has brought my attention to some small but valuable tips. It's well worth viewing it all, no matter what your experience level.  Highly recommend purchasing!

Thelby ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 1:37 PM

I Agree they are some Awesome Vid Tuts and I am doing the monthly thing, because there are several courses I am going to take like Windows Vista. I intent to upgrade my New 3GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme to Vista 64bit, dual boot with XP Pro32bit and I need to know all I can about Vista before plunging into that little venture!!! Thanks Mark!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 2:18 PM

Glad everyone is finding them useful. The e-mail feedback I've received has been very positive - especially for folks coming in from the Poser side of things. Thanks for posting back yourselves.

The only problem with learning how to use Carrara better is that loved ones will start wondering where you are and what happened to you. You'll start creating new scenes with your new capabilities and simply not surface from the computer nearly as often as you used to. ;-)

drcmaint ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2008 at 8:29 AM

Hi,

I ordered your C6 from VTC and it should arrive this Fri. I have your C5 and Poser 7. Its getting to look like a set. So far, so good. Well done. Thank you.

Now get all of this figured out and make something.

Thanks again.

John

ScinttyPoo ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 1:15 AM

I've finished about half the videos in the shader section.  All I can say right now is...

WOW!

Now there are so many more settings that I can play with... This is just awesome!  I used to think that this kind of videos only covers basic materials, but this one is totally different.  I really love the more advanced aspect of it (if I haven't said it in my previous post already).  Maybe you should persuade VTC to hire you to make a set of Carrara shaders only videos.

More clips to go, so much to play with but so little time...

Chrisdmd ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 11:57 AM

I went thru a number of sections last night...kinda skipping around. So far....one of the best I have ever seen (and I have seen alot...probably too much...LOL). Mark your explanations are clear, concise and the way you relate a function to real world examples is invaluable...brilliant really.  I thought I understood alot of Carrara...been a user on and off since Ray Dream, but I have learned something in every video I have watched.
Congrats on a great job. I look forward to finishing the rest of videos and doing better 3D work in C6 Pro!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.