Wed, Sep 18, 11:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Millenium puppy is out!

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 3:14 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:09 AM

The Millenium Puppy is on sale at Daz and like a sucker, I bought it. Just when I thought I had my charge card under control. He is cute. What is the difference between scaling down the Mill dog and this puppy? Did I throw my money away?

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 4:09 AM

Probably, but then you only live once, so might as well enjoy your lucre in this life, since you won't be taking it with to the next.  The Rabbis say that the only treasure that one takes with him to the 'World to Come', it that which he gave away as charity.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

DarkAngelGenesis ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 5:56 AM

This looks like it would be easier to create toy dogs from, like chihuahuas. I just hope they make a Millennium kitten. Then I will be happy.

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 6:30 AM

"What is the difference between scaling down the Mill dog and this puppy?"

What's the difference between V3 and Maddie ?
They ARE exactly the same mesh, so why not just scale V3 down ?

JOINTS are the difference.
If you radically change a mesh's shape, you need new joints.
And re-rigging a mesh takes almost as much time as rigging from scratch.
And you also need new morphs because morphs work best for a certain shape they've been created for.
That's why Maddie has her "own" morphs, even though
you could inject V3's.

So, the Puppy is actuall 75% new.
It has a new SHAPE.
It has new JOINS,
It has new MORPHS. (At least I hope that DAZ made new ones)

Now someone just please do a PROPER Millenium Kitten.
Not just some scaling of the MillCat, but with a proper new rig to match a new bodyshape.

GKDantas ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 7:36 AM · edited Fri, 28 March 2008 at 7:38 AM

Ho use Carrara will get my hair for the Puppy latter in the freestuff:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1645411

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 8:21 AM

Thanks, DP.  I needed that rabbi's advice this morning ... was getting
a little too Scroogish lately. 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 9:02 AM · edited Fri, 28 March 2008 at 9:03 AM

My first thought was that the puppies were adorable and I wanted them, but then I remembered the Mil dogs and the fact that I’ve not used them once in the last two years. Why do I want things I'll probably never use?

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 11:14 AM

Quote - I just hope they make a Millennium kitten. Then I will be happy.

Credit for this goes to Veritas777. Hope it helps. :-)

Load the cat and applied a texture, then select the body,
scaled it to 30%. Then still on the body:

"body petite" 0.900
"Skull Small" -0.720
"Stomach Low" 0.200
"Stomach Wide" 0.800
" Legs Shorten" 1

Next select the Head, Scaled it to 112% and:

"cheeks full" 0.020
"ears forward" 0.060
"ear scale" -0.600
"eye scale" 1.500
"eye width" 0.300

Makes one fairly presentable kitten. If desired, scale the feet a little too, some kitties have big paws.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 1:33 PM

"The Rabbis say that the only treasure that one takes with him to the 'World to Come', it that which he gave away as charity." Fantastic advice, Dave, tell your rabbi I will make him a pin-up and give it to him free! Just send me his email address! (just kidding)

I will use the puppy. I like cute little things. I use Puggles and Boster and the SS Toy dog.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 2:15 PM · edited Fri, 28 March 2008 at 2:19 PM

I just hope they make a Millennium kitten. Then I will be happy.

Perhaps this makes You happy[

poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php](http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62908&highlight=kitten)

Best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 2:27 PM

I think it´s a pitty they made the dobbermann puppy with cut ears and tail, without that it´s a much nicer dog. I saw recently a couple of dobbermans with uncut ears and tails and they looked less frightening. Did you know they have drooping ears? In Holland it´s forbidden to cut dog´s ears and tails and I think that's a good thing. Why should animals follow our beauty standards and have to suffer for that?

Bopper.

Charles_V ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 2:40 PM

Because it was originally due to the fact that the breeds were used as hunting animals, and drooping ears and non cropped tails gave the prey animal something to grab onto.   Afterwards, it simply became a trademark of the breed.  Part of the criteria by which it was judged to be a true [insert breed name here].    

It really serves no other purpose, except dogs with excessively floppy ears often suffer from infections more often than if they had been cropped.  That has to do with the floppy ears fostering a dark moist environment that bacteria thrive in.   

Mkay.   I'm out of useful information : )

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 3:20 PM

The puppy can take the Mill dog's MATS which is nice. The Mill dog took the puppy's Dalmatian morph, so that was also nice.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 3:58 PM

Quote - Ho use Carrara will get my hair for the Puppy latter in the freestuff:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1645411

That is seriously impressive. Someone had developed a similar hair technique for the MilCat that looked amazing; now it seems to be gone.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 5:06 PM

The Millenium Puppy is on sale at Daz and like a sucker, I bought it. Just when I thought I had my charge card under control.

That's DAZ's strength, they're able to sell you stuff you really don't need and never use. If you go through your runtime(s) you'll probably notice that at least 75% of the stuff you've bought at DAZ you've never used and most likely you never will.

I pass on the puppy. It's one of those items everyone buys yet few people will ever use it for anything serious at all. If I want puppies, I'll scale down other dogs I've got.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

DarkAngelGenesis ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 6:17 PM

Hey, thanks everyone who pointed me out to that kitten morph. Now all I have to do is get off of my rear and actually render something!

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 6:29 PM

It's one of those items everyone buys yet few people will ever use it for anything serious at all.

I rarely make any serious renders so I just bought the puppy bundle.

Bopper.

CauriBlackthorne ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 6:46 PM

Although I might never use it, I just had to buy it. Too cute. But now that I played a little with Carrara ( another tool that I bought and for a long time never used ) and the fur tool I found a new use for Carrara and all my animals. The tutorial how to use the fur tool on the Millenium Cat and any other Prop, Character etc. can be found here.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 7:40 PM · edited Fri, 28 March 2008 at 7:40 PM

In fact it was just what I needed!

www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

Bopper.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 8:30 PM

Quote - > Quote - I just hope they make a Millennium kitten. Then I will be happy.

Credit for this goes to Veritas777. Hope it helps. :-)

Load the cat and applied a texture, then select the body,
scaled it to 30%. Then still on the body:

"body petite" 0.900
"Skull Small" -0.720
"Stomach Low" 0.200
"Stomach Wide" 0.800
" Legs Shorten" 1

Next select the Head, Scaled it to 112% and:

"cheeks full" 0.020
"ears forward" 0.060
"ear scale" -0.600
"eye scale" 1.500
"eye width" 0.300

Makes one fairly presentable kitten. If desired, scale the feet a little too, some kitties have big paws.

Yup. One of mine had huge feet.  Still does, in fact.  :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 12:10 AM

Actually, scaling a figure using the BODY parameter shouldn't affect the joints or morphs at all.  You might have to scale the head up to give a puppy look but if the scale dials don't behave you could throw a magnet on the head and neck :)

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 6:10 AM · edited Sat, 29 March 2008 at 6:16 AM

Could someone post a poser render of those dogs, please?
After that SubD dragon I'm leery of what I'm getting, and asking for a Poser render fell on deaf ears in the Daz Forum.

Actually, scratch that. I'll never use that puppy anyway.

I'll resist.

Silke

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 10:41 AM

The puppy is really cute. I bought the cheap $1.79 sub dragon LE and have not used it yet, although I do use the Mil dragon now and then. What's wrong with the subdragon?

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 10:42 AM

The Millenium cat, however, is scaled as big as an elephant. I can't figure out why they did not scale it to Poser people.

egaeus ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 4:25 PM

The difference between V3 and Maddie (he says obviously) is that ,though their meshes are the same for texturing, the shape of an adult woman is completely different from the shape of a female child, and no amount of scaling will fix that, and there are no morphs that I know of that would change V3's adult shape into the boxy figure of a pre-schooler.

A dog would be a different matter.  While a large dog is not a chubby eggplant like a puppy, a dog's shape does not get as significantly different as it ages.  Necks are shorter in youth, heads larger, paws proportionately larger, and the muzzle is usually shorter, but the comparison is hardly accurate.  An attempt to use the Millennium dog as a puppy would be more successful than to try to adapt a human adult into a human child.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 4:34 PM

Quote - The Millenium cat, however, is scaled as big as an elephant. I can't figure out why they did not scale it to Poser people.

Well, see, because it's a cat. You know, one of those beings that uses mere people as slaves and toys. I have two. I know whereof I speak. :)

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 7:28 PM

I know of two excellent preteen and a preschool morph for V4 because I bought them both. One was Sophie for V4 as a preschooler at Poser Pros, and the preteen is Alyson by Arcebus here. Sophie especially is amazing.

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 9:37 AM

V4 was designed with a younger looking body type and has a head scaling option.  V3 was designed to have the body of an adult woman, not an emaciated supermodel or teen, and therefore is less capable of being transformed into a preschooler.  That being said, Sophie V4's face shows the problem with changing adult models into young people--the mesh is extremely distorted around the eyes and nose. 

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 10:46 AM

file_403102.jpg

(Custom made child morph for V4. Click to enlarge)

It never ceases to amaze me how low the standards in the Poser community are regarding realism, and how vigorously some people around here defend the status quo.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 11:05 AM

file_403105.jpg

(Custom made kitten for MilCat. Click to enlarge)

Sorry, no quicky "dial spuns" for me.
Just several hours of custom morphing and re-rigging.

Why is it so hard to strive for more quality instead of convenience ?

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 2:14 PM

Oh Joe!!!!! Sell your ktten!!!! It's so cute!!!!

Turtle ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 5:07 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1579673

Heres the Link to Daio's kitty morph, she even has poses, I think if freestuff.

Love is Grandchildren.

Anniebel ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 8:30 PM

The puppy is a bit disappointing, you can't move it's ears or stick out it's tongue, a bit limiting for a dog :huh:

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 11:46 PM

No tongue out? Bummer!

Anniebel ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 1:34 AM

I copied all the tongue & ear morphs across from the Mil Dog, & they work great.

Now have a puppy that pants & can move ears 😄

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 9:47 AM

cool thanks for the tip Anniebel

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 3:39 PM

How do you copy morphs?

coldrake ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 5:05 PM

Attached Link: Morph Manager

You can use a free utility called Morph Manager. It's very easy to use.

Coldrake

[

](http://netherworks-studios.com/shoppe/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=76&zenid=dd9cc857a190758c2fcc5efc85607f9d)

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 10:06 PM

Thanks so much!! I can't imagine they would not let your open their little mouthes.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 12:22 AM

Quote - Thanks so much!! I can't imagine they would not let your open their little mouthes.

'Yap, yap, yapity-yap-yap, YAP!'

Please, can we close their mouths back up?  PLEASE!!
:biggrin:
D Platt H.

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.