Mon, Oct 21, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Smells fishy what do you think

MrWyatt ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 5:26 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.hash.com/gallery/stills1.asp

file_180460.jpg

I surfed throu the galleries and found this. As I went to the animation master site I had sort of a dejavue. Now I wonder how anyone can do that kind of caracters as a beginner as cybeRanando mention the bird-Caracter as his first work and on the other hand work for a firm like Lukasfilms like the copyright on the droidpic says. Im not panicing but I ( and I think all other artists around here to) dont like the idea of people stealing other guys art and then say it was their own. This really pisses me off. I dont have any proof for my theory but I had to let you know

MrWyatt ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 5:29 AM

file_180461.jpg

Now is that coincidence???

edriver ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 6:58 AM

The images in the galleries are the same ones at that hash site...but the hash site doesn't list the names of the ppl that created the pics....so....it is highly possible that the same person posted to both places. However, the name at the bottom of the droid pic does state "Cactusbud '99" and none of the other pics have that distinction...this leads me to believe that they were NOT created by the same person. Proof is still lacking, but my gut feeling tells me that some kind of theft has taken place.

MrWyatt ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 8:05 AM

Can one get banned for art-thievery ?

rcook ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 8:14 AM

Not on a first offense. It's only a warning.

Angel Michael ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 8:42 PM

While I am not an advocate of shoot first and ask later, if this member has been found guilty of art thievery then they are just as bad as any supplier of or seeker warez on this site. I'm sure Lucasfilm would not take lightly to the theft of their images just like Curious Labs has similar reactions to the theft of Poser. I know that if someone was stealing my artwork, (if I ever get that good), I would be hunting them down and hanging them out to dry. If we are positive, beyond any doubt that this person is guilty of theft, then they MUST be banned.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 5:29 AM

What happens if someone makes a model and posts it, but uses someone else's art as its thumbnail?

Angel Michael ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 5:32 AM

I think that would be acceptable if the artist was given due credit Anthony. There are many fine modelers who are tragic artists.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.