Sat, Sep 21, 9:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: April Genre Challenge - (Portraits)

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 4:07 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:26 AM

This month's genre challenge is portraits. The challenge page can be found HERE. Examples can be seen HERE. Rules and regulations are on the contest page, be sure to read them carefully. The contest is now open, get out there and start shooting! :o)

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Radlafx ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 10:28 PM

gosh, when i got the ebot i thought it read April fools (not April Photography).:mellow: thanks for the heads up.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 8:11 AM · edited Wed, 02 April 2008 at 8:11 AM

Well, it's no joke ... and it is now up and running. Now let's see some of your famous people shots Dovid! ;']

Jaykayyorks ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2008 at 5:57 PM

hiya
does the pic have to be taken during this month or can it be a stock photo?

Jayne

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 12:17 PM

In the spirit of the challenge it should be from this month, but as long as it is not already in your gallery you could enter it. By stock I assume you mean from your own personally photographed archive, not from a stock agency... ;']

Jaykayyorks ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 3:43 PM

Lol yeah i meant from my own unless ya know a particular pic of a site that would win for me then i might   :o)

Radlafx ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 4:38 PM

i might hafta post one from my archives.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

flags1 ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 9:06 AM

Photos should be current.

Fred255 ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 9:55 AM

In the spirit of the challenge it should be from this month, but as long as it is not already in your gallery you could enter it.

ecurb - The Devil

flags1 ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 11:54 AM

Another thought would be that a true "portrait" is of people not animals.
Do you think the judges are reading these comments?

Fred255 ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 2:23 PM

We all are the judges.

ecurb - The Devil

VisualTemptation ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2008 at 3:34 PM

Funny... In the rules it says no nudity, but in the examples the are a few nude shots!

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 9:53 PM · edited Fri, 11 April 2008 at 9:57 PM

So, we are discussing the "portrait" of a portrait forum challenge...hummm. 

Yes, there are portraits of animals, done and set and presented as a portrait and not just another pet shot.  Portrait generally means "face" or just enough more to still be a portrait and not more...so how to define?  Don't ask me. 

This is my thought for the moment. Since the challenge is started, some of the discussion is moot and votes will be taken when the challenge is done.  Fair enough?

flags1 ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 4:06 PM

oops.  I didn't mean to say judges, I meant to say "challenge managers".
This sounds like fun.

Fred255 ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 4:56 PM

I am one of the "challenge managers" so yes I do read these comments.

ecurb - The Devil

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 3:42 PM

People can enter whatever type of portrait they like, human or animal. We did not specify at the beginning so that is our fault. But everyone will have a chance to vote in the end so the entries that best fit the genre of Portrait will undoubtedly shine through. Lots of participation this month, that is great! Keep submitting everyone, unless you've already entered your two.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 3:45 PM

The contest is now closed and a voting thread will be opened up. Thanks to all who participated, good luck!

Lashia ( ) posted Thu, 29 May 2008 at 8:01 PM

Dang I was too late for this one but this was an EXCELLENT challenge. Great job everyone!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.