Sun, Oct 6, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT: I`ve been accepted into the San Marco Art Festival

JHoagland ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 1:35 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:41 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been accepted to display my artwork at the San Marco Art Festival. Some of the images which will be on display include large, framed version of my "Tabby" artwork and some of my train and sci-fi images. These will be available for sale in various sizes and as both framed and unframed (rolled) prints.

The San Marco Art Festival is being held from April 19-20, 2008 and is located just south of Jacksonville, FL.

This is the 12th year for the San Marco Art Festival, and each year, the show attracts more visitors.

So, if you're in the area, come to the show... and stop by my booth to say hello.

My artwork can be viewed on my image gallery website.

--John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

MirageBay ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 2:22 PM

Congratulations!  Hope the show is a success for you:)

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 2:28 PM

Woot!! Congrats, well done!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 2:35 PM

nice one and good luck/have fun

johnfields ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 2:59 PM

Congrats - this is a very positive move - maybe more and more people will see poser for what it is - a tool in an artists bag of tricks ! good luck with the sales!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 3:21 PM

That's great!!  I hope the show is a huge success for you!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 3:38 PM
SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 3:49 PM

Congratulations!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 3:51 PM

Nice one, good luck!!

muralist ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 4:00 PM

Congratulations John.

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 4:28 PM

4/1/08

Congratulations!

Seeing that most of will not be able to go, maybe you could give us highlights and let us know if some others from our little corner of the CG business are represented (Poser/D|S/etc)?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2008 at 4:03 PM

Just saw this :)

Big Grats! :)

Silke

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2008 at 4:11 PM

Nice one - congrats.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2008 at 4:56 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!

JHoagland ( ) posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 6:10 PM

As a follow-up, I received the art festival information in the mail today. I'll be at booth #47, which the drawing shows as near the gazebo and the lions. I've never been to San Marco, so I don't know what the gazebo or lions are either, but it looks to be in the center. 😉

Quote - Seeing that most of will not be able to go, maybe you could give us highlights and let us know if some others from our little corner of the CG business are represented (Poser/D|S/etc)?

When I was at the Jacksonville Art Festival last year, I saw no digital art. However, the San Marco Art Festival looks like it has a lot more booths. So maybe we'll see some. I'll definitely keep my eye open. 😉

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 6:32 PM

That is great! I can't get there so if you could take some photos of the booth and post it later that would be awsome. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Richabri ( ) posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 6:46 PM

That's great news John - a big congrats :)

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 06 April 2008 at 7:19 PM

Excellent! always good to see someone succede

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 06 April 2008 at 8:02 PM

Well as Curley says ...... "If at first you don't suck seed keep on suckin till you do suck seed"

sorry really obscure Three Stooges reference there :P

JHoagland ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 7:53 PM

Just an update:

It's Saturday night and I was at the show all day today (and I'll be there again tomorrow). I'm actually at booth #46, not #47.
I took a few photos of my booth (and I'll take some tomorrow)... but I forgot my card-reader, so I can't copy the files from my camera! I'll post the photos when I get back home.

Overall, the show had a very good mix of artists and styles. There were a lot of crafts, though: from jewelry to ceramics to woodwork to beads.
I was the only artist at the show displaying digital artwork: every other artist displayed traditional styles, from watercolor to oil to paint. So, yes, I got a lot of attention just for being different! 😄

I displayed a number of my "Tabby" images, including the ones I took to the Jacksonville Beach Art Festival, back in October of last year. I also had some Giclee prints made of some of my sci-fi images so I'd have a wider range of artwork to display. This actually worked well- I had a number of kids commenting on how cool my robot images looked. 😄 Though their parents didn't buy the artwork for them. :sad:

Unfortunately, the show has been a tad slow. Even the other artists were talking about how this year's show seemed to be slower than usual. Although there were a decent number of people walking around, it didn't seem like anyone was buying anything! Even the merchants selling jewelry said their sales weren't very good.
I'm not sure why the show was slow. After all, this show has been running for the past 12 years- I would think that everyone knows about it by now. (As a comparison, the show I attended in Jacksonville Beach had only been running for 2 years.)

Hopefully things will pick up tomorrow.

There was an accident, though: the wind gusted and one of my 24x36 inch prints fell off the tripod. The glass completely smashed and the print got scratched. :sad:
Luckily, I had another print with me (which I taped to the leg of my booth so it wouldn't blow over!) and I still have the file at home, so I can make another print later.

JHoagland ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 11:13 PM

file_404636.jpg

Here's a photo from Saturday... with the lady behind me who was worried about my tent falling over on her since I forgot to bring the tent-weights! Realistically, if the wind was strong enough to blow over a tent, I think we'd all be more worried about the artwork blowing away. :lol:

Anyway... today (Sunday) was about the same as yesterday. There were more people walking around, but there still didn't seem to be many buyers.
Later in the day, though, I finally sold something! 😄
It was a framed image that I made using lygher_xero and mrsparky's "Project Soldier". The girl who bought it was going to give it to her brother as a gift. You can sort-of see it sitting on the table, to the left.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.