Sun, Sep 22, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Fan boy art

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 1:00 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:32 AM

file_384423.jpg

My son wanted to add an image on his web site proving to his friends that he actually owns a Xwing Fighter. Of course Carrara was called into action. Flies great too. ;)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 3:53 PM

That looks great. I bet insurance is a killer. LOL.

sfdex ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 4:16 PM

Very nice.  Not to put too fine a fan-boy point on it, though, that would prove that he owns an X-wing.

Did you use a shadow-catcher or did you composite the shadow in some other way?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 4:20 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I used DCG's GI shadow catcher shader on the plane under the Xwing.

stardust ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 4:23 PM

Great composition Mark !

graylensman ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2007 at 8:25 AM

Make sure he doesn't land that thing in a swamp somewhere. You'll never get it out.

evinrude ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 5:31 AM

Hah!  That's great.  Rip-roaringly so.

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 5:18 PM
Forum Moderator

Great scene!

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Thelby ( ) posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 4:43 AM

Yeah, but kind of Mileage does it get?!?!?! Cool Work!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

whkguamusa ( ) posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 7:28 PM

Good work Mark.
Looks like it is double parked on that street, better move it before the cops have it towed.

wayne k
guam usa

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 7:09 PM

I like the picture!

A couple of questions if thats okay.  Did you place the plane for the photo on the back, under, both? built something that has a bend to get both?

Or did you composite the fighter in post, masking around the person, with alpha channel for the mask on the plane and the shadow?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 5:21 AM · edited Fri, 16 May 2008 at 5:22 AM

Hi Xerxes0002,

The photo is a background in Carrara. I used a plane set as a shadow catcher and Global Illumination along with Digital Carver's Guild GI Shadow Catcher so that the plane participated in GI shadows.

In Photoshop, I then placed another layer of the background image in the foreground and simply masked everything out except a small portion of the persons arm. For animated foreground masks like this I'll use Shake or Motion.

Mark

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 6:22 AM

Oh! got it.. Thanks for the Reply!  That makes sense, it is appreciated.

reclaimer ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 4:18 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3251929&ebot_calc_page#message_3251929

Hi Mark can you look at this thread, i cannot seem to get the perspective correct

cheers 
Mark

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 12:10 AM

file_408446.jpg

Yeah but does it have a brain the size of a planet?!?

My Freebies

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 9:02 AM

Now THAT is cool!  Be careful with it though, I bet it's more expensive to get tuned up than a BMW, and you better get Lojack for it just in case. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.