Sun, Oct 6, 9:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: New Celeb ~ for Firefly/Serenity fans.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 8:46 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:49 AM

file_403754.jpg

This is my interpretation of River Tam from the series and movie.  plus a photo of Summer Glau to show those who are unfamiliar with the actress or the show.  :) All comments welcome. Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 8:49 PM · edited Mon, 07 April 2008 at 8:49 PM

that's the engineer, or the girl they were chasing? saw the movie a while back, but never got into the series...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 8:52 PM

That's the girl the Alliance was chasing.  I fully suggest you watch the series.  It's totally addictive.  Only 13 episodes and it has a 'verse (Universe) of followers!  Created by the same guy who made Buffy and Angel. 

Boni

ptrope ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 9:32 PM

This Browncoat says, "Shiny!"

jt411 ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 9:37 PM

Looking good! Are you gonna share this :)
Summer also played Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 10:50 PM

Looking good. A full front render would give us a better look.

The movie was for us firefly fans. That's why the critics had no friggin clue what they were talking about and didn't understand the movie. The Movie brings closure to us Browncoats/ Independents that never got finished with Fox's cancellation after the first year.

You really need to see the series first. I only have a couple of box sets of anything TV, 3 to be honest. Firefly, Tripping the rift and Bebop Cowboy.

johnfields ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 11:07 PM

Jing jio! very shiny! = let's go be bad guys! "Jaynr Cobb"

ghonma ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 12:10 AM

That's a great likeness !

Though personally i found the show too dull for my taste. Now Babylon 5, that was an epic show :P

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 3:16 AM

Summer Glau, excellent!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 7:55 AM

Nice job! I actually thought the show was boring the first time I saw it, but then decided to give it a chance and ended up liking it.

1358 ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 9:09 AM

awesome render!  the show (and the movie) were amazingly written and acted.  the soundtrack for the series was awesome (not so much the movie)........aahhh, they don't make 'em like that anymore........
any plans for an Inara?

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 10:59 AM

She played the same character in Firefly/Serenity and Terminator:The Sara Connor Chronicles.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 11:44 AM · edited Tue, 08 April 2008 at 11:46 AM

I'm going to have to redo Inara, she just didn't turn out right.

Inara

I've gotten a request from fireflyfans.net to do Wash next.  As for sharing.  I'm using commercial textures from venders as the texture ... (Inara's texture is from a photo of her)  but I can share the head morph if anyone wants it. :)

Boni

Boni

texboy ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 12:11 PM

Good work, Boni! Really looks like Ms. Glau (a good ole Texas gal, btw); if you're willing to share the head morph, I'm definitely interested.

all the best from Paul (texboy)

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 12:21 PM

Let me find a host and I'll put it into Freestuff by the end of the week.  Do you all want Inara too?
Here is the front shot.  Not as good I'm afraid.

River 2

Got rid of the "sexy" dress didn't fit the character (as I was told on the fan site). :)
Boni

Boni

texboy ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 2:03 PM

Boni, a reall good (and FREE) sharing site is DivShare (www.divshare.com); 5 GB limit; works great for me, with a Macintosh. When your upload's done, a link is automatically generated, and you can enter email addresses of those you wish to notify. Looking forward to it!

ttfn from pdg

Klutz ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 2:58 PM

Both are very cute face morphs....

Definitely would like them, please?

I am a sucker for morphs of real folk........both the 'famous' and the 'not famous'! ;0) LOL

Thanks,

Klutz 🆒

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 5:07 PM

Did you do these in FaceShop?

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 6:16 PM · edited Tue, 08 April 2008 at 6:25 PM

I have found and even better morph for River Tam, at CGShare.  River Tam Morph  It's better than the one I did.  Enjoy!!  The Inara was from Faceshop Pro ... but River, the one I did was pure dial spinning. 

These were made with the new morph I found.  What do you think?
Boni

Boni

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 8:05 PM

I liked yours better actually.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.