Sat, Oct 5, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Cross-software compatability?

filmboyuk ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 1:59 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 8:54 AM

Hi, hoping somebody here has the knowledge (E-on couldn't answer this with any degree of certainty).

If I have Vue 6 Infinite files, can I import them and render in Vue 6 Studio Pro?

I realise that Studio doesn't support certain things (like ecosystems), but assuming the files don't contain those particular elements, will it work?

And if this does work, will the render quality be comparable?

Thanks in advance.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 2:10 PM

that cant be answered by a yes or no ..it depents on whats in the file.

I just loaded the last Stonemason scene that has a Vue inf file too
It loaded perfectly in to my Vpro...
The thing that can be a hassle is eco systems.. the Inf files have Eco sys 2 and Pro has Eco sys 1 ..
Other then that i always load inf file whitout a problem..

And render quality ? you can make low level renders in V6 inf .. and damn good HQ renders in pro..
The file has No render settings afaik.

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 2:20 PM

I'd say 98% will load. Those that won't load use certain nodes in the function editor that are not available in ProStudio ( like distance to object below to create foam around objects, angle of incidence for realistic reflective materials, embedded reflection maps, and the open ocean node to create realistic ocean surfaces). Also ProStudio is based on Esprit, which has problems with some UV mapped textures, so you may encounter texture problems every once in a while.

thlayli2003 ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2008 at 8:54 PM

Most V6inf stuff should load fine in Pro Studio.  The nodes that aren't available to edit in V6PS  still work if the file includes them.  Distance to object below will work. 
As far as my exprience, Ecosystems all work fine.  I think Ecosystems 2 is related to what can be done in the program not what is saved in the .eco file.   V6PS can't do ventilators, Breeze or paint, but this info is only saved in the scene file not the .eco.   

If I am wrong, please let me know.

Have fun.

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2008 at 2:31 AM

I didn't know objects with advanced nodes would load in ProStudio or Esprit. Thanks for the info.

filmboyuk ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2008 at 11:22 AM

Thanks for the opinions - very helpful - 've gone ahead and ordered ProStudio, so I guess if there's anything that doesn't work properly with the cross-platform transition then I'm going to find out about it soon!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.