Tue, Oct 1, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: what do you use to create poses with textures

sweetpegster ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2008 at 11:56 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:00 AM

I know Im not wording that correctly. I am making my first skin texture set and Im not sure what to be using to create them. ( ie: mat pose edit) Mat pose edit will not even open a pose file for me that has advanced settings, it crashes out. so any insight would be great.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2008 at 5:01 PM

What version of Poser are you using? If you have 6 or 7, just go into the material room and save a material collection (.MC6) file for your figure with all the textures attached. Then open it in a text editor, and at the beginning of the file change the line: mtlCollection to: figure Then save the results with a .PZ2 extension, somewhere in your pose library.

sweetpegster ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2008 at 5:32 PM

Thanks Bob, Im using mainly 7.  Sounds easy enough to do. (seems almost too easy, laffs maybe i shoud be worried, means for me it may turn out to be a nightmare)
Thanks again!!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2008 at 6:47 PM
Site Admin

Perfect timing on this qustion. I was going toask it soon too. Thanks

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2008 at 7:31 PM

Poser 7 has made making mat poses very easy . If its a prop the replace mtlcollection with prop.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.