Mon, Sep 23, 12:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 12:07 pm)

Subject: Highlander Katana

ChaosOutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 10:30 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

Looking for a 3D model of the katana used in the Highlander movies or tv series. Preferrably one for poser.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"I try to save one life a day, its usually my own."
John Crichton

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 11:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=17125&vendor=66692

Not familiar with the movie ones but these by Kodesign are really worth the cash!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 11:48 AM · edited Thu, 17 April 2008 at 11:49 AM

They look pretty impressive.

I had to laugh at one of the reviews for the product:
"I don't have a lot of use for them I admit, but they were so cool I just had to have them!"

I've been there before!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 11:52 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ChaosOutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 12:09 PM

Thanks for the input guys but I am looking for a replica lol. I have several katana props but need/want the Highlander one. Looks very similar to the image that Acadia linked to. I would have sworn that I saw one on a free site a few years back but cannot seem to locate it now. It was with a bunch of other movie sword replicas, such as the Conan Sword and the Lord of the Rings ones. Oh well Ill keep surfing. Thanks again for the replies.

"I try to save one life a day, its usually my own."
John Crichton

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 1:08 PM

http://www.sharecg.com/v/18496/poser/Ramirez-Clothing-texture-set-for-Apollo-Maximus

http://www.sharecg.com/v/20878/poser/Colors-for-the-Highlander-Ramirez-clothing-Set

Here are some clothing for Apollo from Highlander

Here is a katana for Cinema 4D

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Klutz ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 2:02 PM · edited Thu, 17 April 2008 at 2:04 PM

OK......I am not familiar with the film(s)?

It seems incongruous to me that a Highlander ( presumably a Scot? ) would use an oriental blade in preference to a claymore?

( Genuine question...not a wind up 😉 )

Klutz :blink:

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

ghonma ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 2:56 PM

Well the film(s) and the TV series play pretty fast and loose with history. The 'Highlander' in this case is one of a race of immortals who end up all over the place over the course of their lives. The katana in question comes from one of the heroes having traveled to the orient at one time or another (IIRC)

It's all pretty good fun though, and the katana in question is quite beautiful so I'm surprised no one has actually done it before. This is what the real one looks like (though it's only a prop i think):

http://filmswords.com/highlander/katanas.htm

Klutz ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 3:05 PM · edited Thu, 17 April 2008 at 3:08 PM

Ah...

Thanks for the clarification......

Klutz :biggrin:

PS. Just looked at your link........ William Wallace had a Katana!!! :lol:

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 3:56 PM

To be more exact the Katana that MacLeod uses was his mentor Ramírez's sword which was a gift by a sword maker in Japan.  MacLeod's original weapon was a Highland Claymore not to be confused with a Dürer Bastard Sword, which is my sword of choice when prowling the streets at night.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.