Sun, Oct 6, 1:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Catwoman for V3

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 7:42 PM

Guiness!  Mom fed me guiness and cheerios for breakfast!  Murphy's!  Dad always said I came from a bottle of whiskey and a pint of murphy's

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 7:56 PM

SS- I am sooooo glad you're going with the Michelle Pfieffer version.  So much sexier.

Pat - I neglected to say I'm also part Italian, French, Scottish, Welsh, African, German, Danish.  And I tend to combine the worst aspects of all.  That said, it does give me some scope for racist jokes, since I have immediate Carte Blanche for the most of them.

Acadia - you have mail, Me dear.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 8:03 PM

LOL!  I know your kidding!  I was too.  It was cornflakes not cheerios.

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 8:19 PM

I'm Irish too.  It was a joke.  I'm sorry,  I apologize.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 8:32 PM

Quote - I'm Irish too.  It was a joke.  I'm sorry,  I apologize.

Man, I took it in all good faith.  No need for apologies. 

I'm sorry if you took my reply the wrong way.   It means I didn't make myself clear. 

But... no harm intended, no harm done, as far as I see it.  We cool?

My Store

My Gallery

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 8:36 PM

We're cool.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 8:39 PM

Good man!  Now, mine's a pint, if you would be so kind. :biggrin:

My Store

My Gallery

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 8:42 PM

Cheers!  BTW What did you get for your birthday?

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 8:55 PM

*Maveris and Stacey_73 now have their own site.  There isn't much on it. I've tried to register in their forums but can't.  Part of the registration process asks for you to enter in a confirmation code, but I don't see a confirmation code to enter. I've tried 2 browsers and given the site permission in my firewall.  And their contact area says that you can send emails to them, but there are no email addresses listed.

*http://www.digitalmeanderings.com

Thanks for the link.  Conformation codes frustrate me.  After twenty years of welding my eyes are shot and it hard for me to make them out.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 9:00 PM

Quote - Cheers!  BTW What did you get for your birthday?

An awesome Doctor Who birthday cake in the shape of the TARDIS.  There was much more cake on the inside, too.  :biggrin:  Actually, I got two of those; some friends stopped by and brought one over.  So now I have more birthday cake than is good for a body..  Please feel free to call over and help out here.

I also got a few bottles of "interesting" stuff, which is always welcome, plus a model Dalek (can't go wrong with your basic alen xenophobe), some cash to spend as I see fit and an excellent set ot Tom Waits CDs.

My Store

My Gallery

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 9:06 PM

LOL!  There was much more cake on the inside, too. Awesome!   Too bad Renderosity doesn't have a radio station,  we could be listening to Tom Wait right now.

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 9:21 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_404634.jpg

Here's where we're at.  Time to call it a night for me.  I got to put the dogs to bed and let the children out.  I'll be back online tomorrow a 6 pm.  In the meantime make a list of the fullbody morphs you would like.

Nite all

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 9:26 PM

Quote - LOL!  There was much more cake on the inside, too. Awesome!   Too bad Renderosity doesn't have a radio station,  we could be listening to Tom Wait right now.

Ahh, always good to know someone is awake.  :)

Cheers, Pat.  You made me evening all cool.

My Store

My Gallery

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 9:32 PM

Arms Heavy
BreastSize6
BreastsNatural
BreastDroop
Hamstrings
ThighWide
GluteBig
HeavyThighInFl
Calf Full
Calf Bulge

Thanks again Patorak.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 5:38 PM · edited Mon, 21 April 2008 at 5:39 PM

Attached Link: Hi-Fantasy Pussycat

> Quote - I saw a Hallie Berry catwoman outfit somewhere very recently. Hmmm. don't know if that was RDNA. I'll investigate. I still have the Michelle Pfeiffer one for old P4 low-res woman from the days of yore, but who cares? A good version of that for Victoria would not suck. Neither would the current comic version with short hair and goggles.

I believe you're referring to this one. Link is attached.

patorak ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 5:52 PM

That outfit is awesome! 

You're welcome.  Thanks for the list.  It's much easier too create the full body morphs in the template stage.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 6:00 PM

Pat - I put the Nudity flag on most of yer posts in this thread.  Best to be safe, ya know?  Sweet modelling, btw.

My Store

My Gallery

patorak ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 6:43 PM

Oops!  Cool.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 7:38 PM

No worries, mate. 👍

My Store

My Gallery

patorak ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 9:25 PM

file_404686.jpg

The glove template is filled in,  now to assign the materials.  How would like them named?  Also,  do you want claws on the gloves?

patorak ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 10:03 PM

I got to crash.  See you tomorrow at 6 pm.

Nite All

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 10:43 PM

Quote - The glove template is filled in,  now to assign the materials.  How would like them named?  Also,  do you want claws on the gloves?

Naming? I guess zone1, zone2 etc?

Claws---sure. :)

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 2:26 AM

Damn patorak, that's incredibly good of you!  Nice little tut as you go too.  Just want to show my appreciation!

patorak ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 6:43 PM

You're welcome!  I've always felt Ideas and techniques should be shared.  I can't take all the credit though.  SSAfam1 is doing the research,  design and previz.  That's half the modeling process.

*Claws---sure. :)

How about a version of the gloves with fingernail outlines as well?

TOPcat831 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 7:24 PM

This is so kool to see a step by step creation. I know I myself had ideas that got selved by my lack of technical know how.

patorak ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 7:31 PM

Glad you like it!  I hope SSAfam1 doesn't mind if I take the time to go through each step?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 7:33 PM

Quote - You're welcome!  I've always felt Ideas and techniques should be shared.  I can't take all the credit though.  SSAfam1 is doing the research,  design and previz.  That's half the modeling process.

*Claws---sure. :)

How about a version of the gloves with fingernail outlines as well?

Sure. 😄

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 7:33 PM

Quote - Glad you like it!  I hope SSAfam1 doesn't mind if I take the time to go through each step?

Not at all! LOL

patorak ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 7:37 PM

Thanks!  Your a kind soul and I glad you're my friend.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 7:53 PM

Quote - Thanks!  Your a kind soul and I glad you're my friend.

Likewise. 😄

patorak ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 8:07 PM

file_404733.jpg

I'm working on the bodysuit tonight.  The reason I use templates is to make sure there will be the appropriate polys in line with V3's joints.  For me it's a lot easier to do it when is low poly and no detail.  BTW if I leave out a step or there is something you're not quite sure about let us know.  Thanks.

patorak ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 10:07 PM

file_404739.jpg

Here's where we're at;  the chest, abdomen,  and hip are filled in and grouped.  Tomorrow,  I'll do the arms and legs.  BTW the bands of polys around the joints are 8 sided Cylinders.

Nite All,  See you tomorrow

TOPcat831 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 10:12 PM

Can this same method be used with 3DsMax?

patorak ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2008 at 4:12 PM

Yep.  As long as you can select points and create polys,  and/or extrude edges and weld points.
Now for the arms and legs.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2008 at 6:09 PM

Quote - Can this same method be used with 3DsMax?

Yes :)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

patorak ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2008 at 9:41 PM

file_404803.jpg

*Quote - "Can this same method be used with 3DsMax?"*

Yes :)

Excellent!

Here's what we have so far;  the arms an legs are filled in,  tomorrow I'll start the neck and head.

Nite All.  See you tomorrow.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 5:13 AM

Keep up the good work!

Vex ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 5:53 AM

Quote -

Traveler said that he is no longer part of the RDNA team and that RDNA doesn't host things for anyone not on the team.

Wow i think RDNA just suffered the loss of one of their greastest merchants. Traveler had amazing freebies and products. I hope he pops up elsewhere ;(

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 6:26 AM

Vex,

I think we're parsing that wrong. I believe Acadia meant:

Traveler said that Maveris is no longer part of RDNA>

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

TOPcat831 ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 10:06 AM

ok so, when you import your template, how do you separate the body parts? I had tried to do a Yellowjacket tunic for M3 in 3DsMax but I gave up because I didn't know what I was doing and made a big mess.

patorak ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 5:00 PM

Check out these videos.  This guy is a genius.  BTW They're at the bottom of his page. 
http://www.philc.net/tutorialsIndex.htm

I export the template in obj format and import it into Poser.  I have had a few times though where the grouping got messed up between Lightwave and Poser.  When this happens I just go ahead and use Poser's grouping tool.  Check out this tut on the grouping tool.  This guy is like the Yoda of Poser.  http://drgeep.com/p4/gt/gt.htm

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2008 at 5:31 PM

Sorry there wasn't an update last night.  Thunderstorms rolled in and I had to shut down.
Anyway,  on to the neck and head.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2008 at 5:45 PM

Quote - Sorry there wasn't an update last night.  Thunderstorms rolled in and I had to shut down.
Anyway,  on to the neck and head.

Take your time. You're doing a wonderful job. 😄

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2008 at 10:16 PM

file_404910.jpg

Thank you.  Here's where we're at,  the template is completely filled in and grouped.  Next steps will be to edgeloop and rig it in Poser. 

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2008 at 10:31 PM

Quote - Thank you.  Here's where we're at,  the template is completely filled in and grouped.  Next steps will be to edgeloop and rig it in Poser. 

Amazing. You work fast!

patorak ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 8:55 AM

file_404935.jpg

I hope it hasn't been to fast.  I don't want to lose anyone by forgeting a step.  I've switched to Sub-D mode.  The first part of the edgelooping is done.  I've eliminated the unnecessary triangles.  The next step will be to smooth the suit.  This is done by using the smooth function with a strength of 2 and iterations of 3.   

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 7:13 PM

file_405013.jpg

Hi SSAfam1

I just got done installing V4.2 and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind if I used part of the catwoman suit to create a new outfit like the one in the picture.  A friend asked if I could model it for them and I thought it might save me some time if I could.  Thanks.

Cheers

Pat 

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 7:37 PM

Quote - Hi SSAfam1

I just got done installing V4.2 and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind if I used part of the catwoman suit to create a new outfit like the one in the picture.  A friend asked if I could model it for them and I thought it might save me some time if I could.  Thanks.

Cheers

Pat 

Hi Pat.

No I wouldn't mind at all. 😄

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 7:40 PM

Cool!  Thanks!  Would you like a copy too?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 8:06 PM

Quote - Cool!  Thanks!  Would you like a copy too?

OMG you're TOO generous. Sure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.