Mon, Oct 21, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: .art files and I upped .jpg

Hubba1 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 1:57 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:01 PM

Hello there... I was just wondering why all my files were converted to .art files, It only matters to me because there all fuzzy now and dont look good at all, not that they ever did butt... I can look bad all by my self, know what i mean??? I see that no one else has .art files, just me...

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 2:34 AM

I don't understand. Where?

MartinC ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 3:12 AM

The only .art files that I know are Adobe Illustrator PostScript files without previews (different to the full .eps files). If something on your computer has turned files into that without your knowledge you seem to have a scary problem.

Hubba1 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 11:26 AM

The files on my system are all ok (still .jpg files) Im talking about the uploaded files, except for the last file I uploaded to Renderosity they are all fuzzy and smuged??? Here is the story, I did a search under ALL GRAPHICS looking for hubba1 (thats me) after I uploaded the last picture and noticed that they looked crapy (all of them except the last one I uped) so I thought Id save one back to my hard drive for a closer look (right click and save pic in explorer) and it wanted to save it in .art format??? This is somethin that happend, or is a problem with Renderosity.com. I cant see why Renderosity would do that to just me or why??? Any help...

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 11:33 AM

Which pictures are "fuzzy and smuged"? I don't see any in your gallery that look that way. Can you provied a URL to one? If your browser is trying to save as an ".art" file, that is a local issue to your machine. Renderosity does no file conversion. Only JPG and GIF images are allowed to be uploaded.

Hubba1 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 11:56 AM

rcook, thanks for taking the time to look... I guess it could be a problem with my system but why are all the files I upload now ok, just the older ones are fuzzy, Anyway I have uploaded another (test) pic, there are now two just alike in my gallery (hubba1) the pic called (test) and the pic called (jenifer) both are in the top row, please the me if thease are exact pics to you or if the older one is fuzzy, thanks.

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 12:00 PM

I can't see any difference between them.

MrWyatt ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 12:20 PM

Looks all fine to me. They are all jpgs. Nice gallery though. If you tried to catch some attention with this topic posting, well then you got mine allready hehe. ;)

Hubba1 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 12:35 PM

Oh no no, MrWyatt I would never do souch a thing, and what would be the use anyway, The idea here is to let the Pictures do the work, Stolen credit or attention is like fake money (no good), Anyway thanks for the help, wont be needed any more, Altho I still have the problem I think it must me a problem with Aol (sucks), Sorry I just cant say aol without (sucks) added on, I installed it because my wife insited I do so she could use it :(, Thats the only thing Iv done on my system in a while anyway, I seem to remember thay had some kind compression problem, Im gonna look into it anyway, Once again thanks for the help. WOW I got a whole 4 viewings from this post!!!

yggdrasil ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 12:36 PM

Doesn't AOL use .art as the format for it's extra compressed graphics? - Mark

Mark

yggdrasil ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 12:41 PM

Forgot to say. The AOL compressed graphics can be turned off:

Just go to the "Preferences" on your AOL tool bar. Then, select "WWW", and go to "Web Graphics". Uncheck the box the says "Use compressed graphics". You may have to clear your cache or restart AOL for it to take effect.

-Mark

Mark

Hubba1 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2001 at 12:49 PM

Hey Mark... Yes That did the trick (thank you sir) It kinda threw me fer a loop because I wasnt usin Aol, but was usin IE, any way all is well, thanks alot

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.