Sat, Oct 5, 3:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: New Poser Pro... Run with Vue 6?

Estruch ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 1:20 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 3:23 AM

I receiver the news about Poser Pro, now available.
But one question... Run with Vue 6?

Thanks

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 1:51 PM

whats the point ? ..if you render in Vue ..why on earth do you want to buy Ppro ?
It has hardly any new things but rendering upgrades ...
For me its not worth my cash P.pro ..
just render in vue and forget poser ..  use it for setting up scenes and thats it

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

masstapro ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 1:59 PM

What do you mean "use it to set up a scene"?

All you need Ppro for is the models and clothes in my mind.

Can't you pose the models inside of Vue?  or do you really need Ppro for that?

Thanks,
~Shawn

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 2:01 PM

thats what i meant ..loading the models and clothes
Who needs poser beyond that point ,,, not peeps who have Vue :woot:

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

masstapro ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 2:07 PM

Do you still need Ppro to pose? 

I've played with Poser but coming from Houdini, don't really like it at all.
Now that Houdini has character rigs, it's much more powerful.
But Vue won't import my character animation just yet.
Although Houdini does have FBX Importer and Collada, just not sure about exporting to Vue

Thanks,
~S

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 2:11 PM

Vue doesn't import colada nor fbx, so you'll need to export in obj, 3ds or low.
As for pPro, didn't know it was out yet, but useless if you use Vue, it is useful only to import Poser scenes into Max, Maya or C4D.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 2:16 PM

I think you will have to see Poser7Pro(.exe) listed as a choice for Poser Imports & it's not there yet.  You'll need to ask EON tech support - as I'm sure they will have to get a copy of the SDK to make the needed changes - if any at all.  In addition, I have no idea as to the relationship between EON & SMith Micro - that remains to be seen.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 3:53 PM

Yes, debbie's right. E-on had a good relationship with e-frontier. Now one can dream that this was what prevented e-on from using the Poser files formats outside of Poser. Why Carrara can use pz3, cr2 and all that jazz witout the need of an open socket with Poser, and not Vue? Too good a relationship maybe.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 5:59 PM

I'm not sure if I will be upgrading this time.  Still hardly use Poser 7.  If Poser Pro and Vue work better together (read that as seamless), then I would go for it.  I try to spend as little time as possible in Poser and only render in Vue.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 6:05 PM · edited Tue, 29 April 2008 at 6:07 PM

I won't be upgrading Poser(stopping at 7 regular),  all I use Poser for is a staging area then export out.  I do agree with bruno - why oh why can't we import native poser items - that would be a dream come true. 

stormchaser ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 7:12 PM · edited Tue, 29 April 2008 at 7:12 PM

Yeah, no great need for PoserPro for us Vue users.
Just as well really as I couldn't afford it.

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2008 at 3:53 AM

Well, the sidegrade offer is quite tempting, but I won't upgrade. I don"t even know why I upgraded to 7 anyway. The new figures look awful (Simon & the female), I never use them, and I'm so fed up with figures that don't have any muscle rig. Of course PPro used inside another app might change this, with the host app providing better tools,  but from what I'v seen at the Poser Pro site, it doesn't explicitely say so.

masstapro ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2008 at 5:48 AM

You guys/gals should look into Houdini HD, it's only $99.

Building 3D scenes procedurally is the most productive way to work.
I understand that a pro license it expensive, but think about all the money you've spent so far.
Max and Maya are good, but still missing the intuitive nature that comes with building with nodes.
If your working full time in 3D, you should take a serious look at it.

~Shawn

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 6:48 AM

I tested today the poser import with PoserPro. I duplicated the PoserPro.exe and renamed it to Poser.exe, then I point Vue to the new installation.
For me it works.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 8:12 AM

file_405217.jpg

Update, I load a V4 Scene in Vue but my first try wasn't successful. To fix the problems I duplicated the whole V4 installation in my Poser Pro directory. And now it work well, and dynamic cloth too :) Vue6 Infinite build 292547

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 9:22 AM

file_405219.jpg

And here a render with Poser shader tree.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

djfilms ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2008 at 11:18 AM

Mazak,

Are you on PC or Mac? Currently, my Mac V6I can't import dynamic cloth.

regards, David

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2008 at 11:49 AM

I use Vue6 Infinite build 292547 on 32bit OS WindowsXP.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

martial ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2008 at 6:44 PM

Is Poser pro basic is enough if you don't have Maya and other great 3d soft?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.