Thu, Sep 19, 9:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: Back from Vacation.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2008 at 3:59 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:41 PM

Back from Vacation

Why do vacations end so quickly?? Not looking forward to going into work tomorrow.

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2008 at 4:58 PM

Welcome back !  Hope you had an enjoyable time. Dude,......I haven't had a vacation in 24 years. Now get back to work ! Hee, hee, hee.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2008 at 11:41 PM

Yeah, come to think about it, the last paid vacation I had was in 1992 and that was because I had unemployment insurance and was seeking work in Santa Cruz for the week (and looking up old friends and having fun).

I'd think that after a week of driving around in Texas you'd be happy to be back at work but then I don't like driving on crowded freeways all that much . . .  well, "give em hell, Harry ! !"

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 4:13 AM

Last time I went on a REAL vacation was 1989.. to long!!! I need to take more vacations :)

My Final vacation will be when I die and I dont want that to be my only vacation.

Texas driving was not bad compared to what I'm used to in Toronto... as a matter of fact if they gave me a Green Card and Got me a job there I would moved to either Dallas or Austin Texas.

My Wife and I loved both places.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 6:04 AM

Quote - Last time I went on a REAL vacation was 1989.. to long!!! I need to take more vacations :)

My Final vacation will be when I die and I dont want that to be my only vacation.

Texas driving was not bad compared to what I'm used to in Toronto... as a matter of fact if they gave me a Green Card and Got me a job there I would moved to either Dallas or Austin Texas.

My Wife and I loved both places.

Did you manage to sample the local cuisine particularly, the beers???

😉

TS

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 6:51 AM

the Beers!... In San Antonio? Man, you need to sample the food! down on the riverbank....best
Tex-Mex you'll ever eat (if you can put up with the Mariachis...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 12:34 PM · edited Mon, 05 May 2008 at 12:36 PM
Forum Moderator

**I never could get used to Texas.  There is no public land.  It is all owned by ranchers and speculators.  When you want to go "hunting",  you go to a ranch where all the animals are captive behind barbed wire to shoot your "wild game".  Of course you are not allowed to do so until paying thousands of dollars to the ranch owners for the priviledge.  Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona  have the wide open spaces for me.  Texas is far too "civilized", fenced in, and regulated to death.

To even things out I need to say some good things about Texas.  They grow great psychedelic mushrooms, peyote,  and guitar players.**

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

dhama ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 2:25 PM

Quote - **When you want to go "hunting",  you go to a ranch where all the animals are captive behind barbed wire to shoot your "wild game". **

God forbid they should have any chance to escape........

sackrat ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 3:30 PM

Yeah,............I've always felt the animals at these kind of "wild game" ranches should be given a chance at least,........the customers should be forced to "hunt" the prey with only a sharp stick and a rock.  Now that's what I call sport !

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 4:02 PM

We sampled some great Beer, there was a Four Paws Blubbery Beer that was awesome.

We tried Text Mex, Chicken Fried Steak, Macaroni and Cheeze, Craw Fish, Gator!! :)

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 10:20 PM
Forum Moderator

Never tried the gator, but I cannot get enough beer battered craw fish.  We used to set traps out when we went night fishing for catfish.  We baited them with peanut butter or chicken wings.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.