Mon, Sep 30, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: ? about processor.

trades2cash ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2008 at 3:28 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:41 AM

I know that this is off topic but here goes, I am interested in the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 processor. What i cant find out is, does it work with vista 32 bit or do i need to install vista 64 bit OS. I am running Vista Basic 32 bit with 4 gigs of ram.  And one more thing, if anyone is running the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700  or similar, do you see a good improvement in your poser render time? Thanks to all.

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2008 at 3:52 PM

This has been discussed extensively about a dozen times.  Search the forum for "quad core" :)

My Freebies

trades2cash ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2008 at 7:14 PM

Thanks I have been reading for a couple of hours and i still havent found where anyone discusses if the quad core will work on vista 32 bit. ( but I still havent covered them all) Most references to their os is 64 bit. But in all fairness my post was off topic and should not have been posted here. My apologizes and once again thanks for your responce.

thefunkyone_4ever ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2008 at 7:42 PM

The core 2 Quad will work on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems without any problems !

ghonma ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2008 at 7:45 PM

Yep all quad core CPUs work in 32 bit and 64 bit both. In fact all such CPUs are 32 bit by default and only switch to 64 bit mode if the OS asks them to. So you wont have any issues in Vista 32. You really should consider going for Vista 64 though so you can make use of all your 4GB RAM.

As for poser improvements, if you have Poser 7+ then you will see about 1/2 - 1/3 the render time from a single core. In some cases it can go even better but depends on the scene. Other versions of Poser, 6 and below, will see very little improvement.

trades2cash ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2008 at 8:41 PM

Hey thanks alot for the info. I sure do appreciate it. I am sure my question was sort of lame but i am not up to date with the quad core processors. Plus i think going with the 64 bit vista might be a good choice also, thanks once again.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2008 at 7:47 AM

Never be afraid to ask a question.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.