Wed, Sep 18, 5:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: First video tutorial....

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 8:12 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 4:15 PM

Attached Link: Wavemaps

Hey renderfolk...

I've just put up my first video tutorial for SeaVue. Would you kindly take a gander and tell me if it's helpful or not and worthy of Vuers?

I'd appreciate any feedback.  I was thinking of doing a whole series on ways to use my products.

Thanks,

M

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 9:55 AM

I couldn't get it to download. It said first "downloading from site" and then "done" and nothing appeared.

Powertec ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 10:01 AM

I have a DSL connection and it took 15 minutes to download but a little less than that to load up and play online.
Good tut! Although I don't have SeaVue I learned some new things. Looks good to me.

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 10:16 AM

It's a Quicktime mov file 50mb.....it was the lowest mb count I could get. All the other formats were almost 300 mb or more.

I would rather it be streaming but I don't know how to do that. When I converted the avi file to flash it went up to almost 700 mb. And when I converted to Windows Media it was all blurry...

Any suggestions?

I used CamStudio to create it and AVS for converting it.

Paula: When I tried it, I got the same thing but then it came up after a few minutes. But I didn't see the usual Q for quicktime.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 10:16 AM

Great!  Very helpful on how to use SeaVue.  Looking forward to the rock product too. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

sirrick ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 10:42 AM

Thanks Monsoon, really appreciate this (and yes I have SeaVue).  FYI, when I clicked on the link the tut started playing after about 30 seconds, no option to download.  I was able to pull it out of my Temporary Internet files in order to save it.  Don't know if it makes any difference but I use Quicktime Lite rather than the full version of Quicktime.  Again, not a problem as I was able to get it. 

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 11:18 AM · edited Fri, 09 May 2008 at 11:19 AM

downloaded in 1min 28 secs...gotta love 10 meg cable connection, muahha! :p

WMV has a high compression format can't recall what that one is though, similar in compression amount to Quicktime H264 codec.
I used Ulead Video Studio 11.5 PRO, for video editing, PRO version is needed, has high compression, ordinary one doesn't.

thanks for the tutorial mate, they all help! :)
I'm not very good with terrains and ater so you and GeekAtPlay sure help.

I'd do more video tuts, but my Glaswegian accent is, er, not so universally comprehensible ;)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 11:43 AM

I waited for an hour and nothing happened,just had the thinking Q staring at me the whole time:P Would love to see your tutorials though. Always nice to see how artists intended there packages to be used:D

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

Irish ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 12:08 PM

An awesome tutorial Monsoon!!!  Excellent info.

:)

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 12:49 PM

Hey Paul....just right click the link above and 'save target as'. That works too.....Don't know why it works one time and not the next...boggle...:

Thanks for the feedback guys and gals....

M

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 12:49 PM

I also cannot d/l it.

I get the 'Q' for 5 minutes then a Q with a ? .

The size isn't a problem but mac/safari can't seem to access it to down load.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 12:58 PM

Took less than 2 minutes to download :)

Informative and well presented - will come in useful.

Sorry, can't help with suggestions of file size/format etc.  I just make pwetty pictures and products !  The odd tutorials that I do are archaic screenshots and Front Page :blushing:

Gill

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 1:09 PM · edited Fri, 09 May 2008 at 1:18 PM

Tried a few more times and finally this last try it arrived immediately.
Whatever ... maybe the server was too busy earlier.
Thank you, I'm happy to have it and will watch it all through this eve.

As a side note- It's odd to hear a persons voice when for such a while they have just been a name .....

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 1:54 PM

Just did Save As and it came up immediately and QT opened. I will look at it later, but it seems to work. Thanks for writing this.

ArtPearl ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 2:03 PM

D/l in less than 5 min. Looks really helpful - always easier for me to grasp if I see someone actually do it :)
Small suggestion - perhaps you can add a  good quality render at the end or as an additional file.
Thanks for the product and tutorial!

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/

arrow1 ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 6:51 PM

Monsoon,Great tutorial.I have had SeaVue in my library since you brought the product out and rarely used it.Watched your tutorial and I am now using it with gusto!
One question.Could your materials be used on an animated sea?It would be an interesting exercise.I might give it a go! Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 8:38 PM

I plan on making a tut on each part of the kit and then a final one on making a finished render and postwork. I've gotten a different screencast tool so maybe the next one won't be problematic for anyone.

Arrow1...it would be interesting to find that out. I'm glad this was helpful...

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 9:15 PM

Can some elements of Sea Vue work in Easel? I'm upgrading as soon as I can, but at the
moment, Easel was the only Vue I could afford. :)

Greywolf

synergy543 ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 11:07 PM

Thanks very much Monsoon!  Excellent tutorial.  It really helps to be able to watch and see what you're doing.  Also, I'm glad its download and not streaming - because I'll be able to see it again when I need to and I can quickly scroll to the spot of interest.

Look forward to the next one!

jeffg3 ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 1:38 AM

Content:
Fantastic!
Very helpful!!!
Bring on the "Rock Concert"!!!

Presentation:
Hard to read the items on the screen - icons and so forth.
Audio sounds good.
Pace is nice and fast - nothing worse than a lazy tutorial.

arrow1 ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 4:58 AM

file_405815.jpg

Just did a quick play making a still picture using Monsoons tutorial and SeaVue. Can anyone help me with being able to bury the footprint so it looks realistic? Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

jgmart ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 6:06 AM

Excellent !!  Thanks for putting this tutorial together, it's very helpful.  Can't wait for the next one.  That rock collection looks like it's going to be awesome too!

sangelico ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 8:58 AM

Thanks for the great tutorial - very helpful and informative! Just bought SeaVue and it is a great set. Movie tutorials work well for me - they get me going and make it easy to use the product. Without a tutorial it might just sit on my hard drive.

Trepz ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 4:28 AM

I agree with John,I canot wait for that rock collection as Vues rocks are a bit hard at times to get right.The toot was really good.I really appreciate informality.Learning should after all be fun(; Keep em coming man,you got fans after all(;

-Paul

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.