Sat, Aug 3, 1:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: Need help locating the old Poser 4.03 update

Anubis ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 12:26 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:51 PM

I've recently reinstalled Poser 4 and i'm having major problems with certain models that have a "newer version number than expected." I remember i had to update to 4.03 ( if i remember right ) I've checked everywhere i could find that remotely reffered to that updater and i can't find it. The only place that really even offered the download was the main CuriousLabs site, but it only gave me errors while trying to click the DL link.

Does anyone still have it floating around anywhere? Or know where else i might find it?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 12:52 PM · edited Mon, 12 May 2008 at 12:52 PM
Site Admin

Smith Micro doesn't have it on their site. They might have withdrawn support for it.
One solution is to open the cr2, pp2, etc in word pad and where it says "version" change the number to 4.0 then save it. That will eliminate the "newer version" error

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Can I read notes?  Hell, there ain't no notes to a banjo. You just play it.

(Anonymous banjo player c. 1850 when asked if he could read music)

FlyByNight ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 2:53 PM

I have a Poser 4 Memory Update file. Is that it?

FlyByNight

Sivana ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 3:12 PM

I certainly have these 3 updates on my husband´s server, but I had a german language Poser4. So I´m not certain if this would help.

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 3:38 PM

I also have the Memory Update...this is the one that you need if you are loaking P4 yet the figures are invisible.

Eddy

BillyGoat ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 6:25 PM

4.03 was for the 1gig memory limit. Which was a very big deal back then.

I know because I still use Poser 4 and ProPack

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 6:48 PM

Here's are the official links for the updates

Poser 4.03 / Poser Pro Pack Memory Updater

Eddy

Anubis ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 9:17 PM

That link says its not available anymore. :(

Sivana, If one of the updates you have updates Poser from version 4 to 4.03, then thats the one i was hunting for.

I've seen the memory updater, but im not sure if that was the one or not, all i know is the one i was looking for changed the version number (cant remember what else it changed exactly). But i remember all the problems and errors im getting now were fixed after i updated, so im willing to try anything at this point, lol.

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 9:42 PM · edited Mon, 12 May 2008 at 9:46 PM

Boy, I seem to have a terrible time navigating the SmithMicro site.  Thanks for tracking down & posting that one Inspired_Art.  (also still using P4 regularly  & the link to the Memory Updater just now worked for me Anubis.) **

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 10:25 PM

Anubis, did you try clicking on the link on the right hand side?
Nance, it's my pleasure. Hopefully they make that link more available.

Eddy

Anubis ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 12:28 PM

Quote - Boy, I seem to have a terrible time navigating the SmithMicro site.

Yeah i guess i did too, i finally got around all the little traps and "page not founds" and got the link to work, lol. Thx all  :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.