Sat, Oct 5, 1:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: Tut: Making any figure Mimic Compatible

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 5:24 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 1:21 PM

Attached Link: Mimic Software

file_24987.jpg

Hey there, Working on something I decided to ask Micah what would be involved. It is remarkably easy and something anyone can do. First off Mimic needs curtain Morph names to know what to do. These are the internal names of the obj or spawn loaded and not the dial names. But to be safe both should match. You can do it in any word processor but first make a copy of the figure cr2 you want to edit. You can spawn duplicate morphs using these names in Poser or edit the existing ones. This is the list Mimic looks for. Again these are the "Internal Name"(see image). To make sure you don't loose your ability to use face poses it is a good idea to spawn duplicate ones. The dials mimic looks for (names must be exact): Phonemes: OpenLips Mouth O Mouth F Mouth M Tongue T Tongue L Expression: RBrowUp LBrowUp Blink Right Blink Left Twist Side-Side Bend The reason I thought this would be helpful is because of your Vicki and Michael dirivatives. As you know the more you morph a face away from it's original shape the less stabble existing morphs become. So this way you can make new "tweaked" morphs ideal for your chracter. Or if you are making animals, toons, or anime, you don't need to depend on us to use Mimic. We are already looking at the software and won't let it get dusty. We promise. Anton anton@daz3d.com Ps: For Halloween last year I made a bunch of monster and skull animations for a local haunted house. Nice side money for the season.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 5:37 AM

:) what I meant by "depend on us" is so that you can use your non-Daz figures with Mimic too. It is alot of fun. I get this strange image of Vicki talking dirty in hundreds of cities.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 5:46 AM

It's late and I am chatty.. What is really neat about this is you can get new types of results. -For a "shock" animation you can have blink morphs that widen the eyes instead of closing them or wince even. -You can build characteristics into the phonemes like adding nose and brow movements into the morphs for certain sounds, -Incorporate smiles and frowns into your morphs for emotions. Mimic will drive any morph with the above internal labels. It doesn't matter what it does.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 5:59 AM

file_24988.jpg

One more. These are of my friend Laura. We had a great time doing all known phoenemes and even made up a few. :) Just remember that Poser will delete any two morphs with the same indernal name next time you laod it into Poser. That is why a backup copy is always a must. Just incase you make a mistake.

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:04 AM

Thanks Anton for the great tip. It surely will come handy although I don't know when I'll be able to have time for making new Poser figures! One thing: can you confirm that the Stephanie update patch for Mimic has a bad spelling problem? I haven't been able to test it yet. In case it does, a fix will be much appreciated! Orio

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:16 AM

I have no idea but if you already got it and there is a typo just do a search for those morph names in the cr2. If there is I am sure they know about it already, but I will mention it just in case. Thanks. If you even incounter something like that emailing chad@daz3d.com would be cool. He will make sure the right person is aware.

VI_Knight ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:23 AM

Where can I find the Mimic update patch for Stephanie?

Teknal ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:44 AM

Just go to the Daz store, software/utilities, Mimic. The updates are below the product description.

VI_Knight ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:46 AM

Thanks Teknal

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:26 AM

Attached Link: Stephanie for Mimic

Stephanie for Mimic update is on the Mimic page at the link. http://store.daz3d.com/catalog/product.php?pidx=1341&paridx=0 The mispelling is only in the way we spelled Stephanie's name on the readme. :) There is no internal typo that would cause any functionality problems. But you may need Stephanie update file first dated 3/11/02 from her page before installing the mimic update. If you want to just wait, the update on her page will updated tomorrow so you don't have to fuss with two updates. Anton

Teknal ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:27 AM

You're welcome. :)

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:55 PM

Thanks Anton. I think I already have the Stephanie update, if it's the one that was released shortly after Steph. Reba emailed it to me. If there's a second, later update, then no I don't have it.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 1:18 PM

Thanks, Anton! But what I really want to know is ... How did you convince your friend (cute friend that is) that posing naked was completely necessary for capturing the essence of phonemes?? ;-) -Tim

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:40 PM

cool; thanks, anton!

Freakachu ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 1:27 AM

Timotea sez: "Thanks, Anton! But what I really want to know is ... How did you convince your friend (cute friend that is) that posing naked was completely necessary for capturing the essence of phonemes?? ;-)" By the look of those pictures, I'm willing to guess they're from a makeover or stage production...the pulled back hair and the framing suggest it. Anton...seeing your interest in the subject, have you considered redoing the phonemes pictured above for the P4 characters as a series of morphs? I'm sick of Posette's lips moving like Senor Hand. Unlike your friend, the P4 female's face distorts grotequely every time she utters a sentence.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 2:24 AM

Tim. :) I asked her to wear a something that exposed the neck.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 2:50 AM

I figured as much, I didn't really think she was nekkid. But on a more serious note, I see that a lot (the bare shoulders and neck, and Freak says, hair pulled back, etc.) ... what is the purpose of that? Is it basically like creating a defualt, non-distracting appearance? -Tim

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 5:39 AM

yeah. You remove as much distraction as possible. It's all about the lips. :)

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 9:40 AM

Bookmarking some of my old tutorials

AKtutorialbookmark

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus

Over 100,000 Downloads....

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 10:23 AM

I ask this about MIKI and got no response

so Anton will this work with MIKI because she has no Phoneme morphs to begin with so if new ones are added will it over write the few she has??

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 10:27 AM

It will work on any figure. Just dial up a face that look like the appropirate phoneme and Spawn a new morph.

When you spawn that morph, the name MUST be identicale to those listed above.

It's actually really easy. Just get the look you want and then make ssure the name is right.

You can even improve upon the existing phonemes and replace them on figures already set up for Mimic.

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 10:52 AM

Thanx Anton

I will try this on the weekend it is a shame that Miki do not have any phoneme morphs

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 10:55 AM

Well she does have some great expression and mouth open morphs. SHould be all you need.

bine ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 5:06 AM · edited Sat, 15 April 2006 at 5:09 AM

thank you very much ,anton.

this is my first try for miki speaking with mimic.
the only morph that was missing:
tongue l.

so, i started creating l-morph with zbrush. hope, this goes well.
http://www.aafuzzi.org/temp/miki_mimic.avi

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 7:29 AM

If it is only the tongue l morph that is missing, then it doesn`t really matter, you could make the morph to complete the set but the figure will still be ok in mimic without it.

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 9:24 PM

Glad it worked out. I can open the avi for some reason. But I'm glad to help.

Artist3D ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 11:40 PM

I am very confused. What exactly are the steps for me to get Mimic that works with my Poser 4 to work properly with Apollo?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.