Sun, Sep 22, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: WIP: spaceship

litst ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 11:02 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:16 PM

file_180981.JPG

Hi, I want to try my skills on some space scene, for once . So i've started by modelling this spaceship . It's made of spline objects, for most parts . Your suggestions for improving the model and materials are welcome ! litst litst.@freesbee.fr http://www.chez.com/litst/

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 11:58 AM

What a cool design! Very elegant looking; like some sort of very prestigious space cruise ship. I love the polished metal look. I'm not sure what I'd suggest aside from perhaps some more greebling around the engines and maybe on the dark area on the top of the central hull.... Can't wait to see the final product. (Hope to see this thing in motion, too!)

kaom ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 12:20 PM

It look a lot like the UFO I saw last night,I mean I think you must know something? I dig it, very nice model, excellent work. I have no suggestions, it rocks and I think your textures look pretty realistic. can we see who flys this beast?

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 12:28 PM

Maybe if I ever get my stupid alien done, he can fly it. Whee! Hope he doesn't drive like me. Actually, I should be able to load Cring into freestuff tonight. Then maybe he can hijack litst's spaceship... and use it to smuggle CHEDDAR to Mars. Or strafe France with little cheddar cheese balls. Mwahahahahaha! Nice ship, litst.

kaom ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 12:36 PM

If we strafe France we should use brie cheese.

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 12:40 PM

But, that's just what they want us to do!

kaom ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 12:47 PM

Your right! Give em good old American Cheddar.And manners books.

litst ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 12:59 PM

Thanks for your nice comments guyz and gals :) I'll work on the back of the model a bit more, and maybe on the cockpit too, like you suggested, Chip . I hope to see it animated one day too ! :) I know some french cheese that is almost as tasteless as american cheddar . It's called "Apericube" by "la Vache qui Rit"("the Laughing Cow" !) . It's some kind of little cheese cubes with some strange flavors . On Sunday, i've tried the mushroom flavor, and had to split it out . I'm sure you'd love that Terri ! ;) When i'll download your Cring, be sure i'll feed him with some of those . I'll try to give him one chili pepper flavored cube, just to see how he will react ... litst

Izuel ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 2:15 PM

oooo very nice. does it have a cockpit? i cant see any windows, or maybe its a robot?

Nebula-SNS ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 2:19 PM

Very nice, litst. It's cool to see your formidable modeling skills in space modeling. If you want me to QTVR it, just send me the scene file. Or if you want any or the animals you've modeled QTVR'ed, email them to jodonnell@mac.com. QTVR has the amazing power to turn even mediocre models into great toys; great models make really fun QTVRs. So feel free to ask. Nebula Supernova Studios

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 3:24 PM

Maybe the windows are one-way mirrors, like those sunglasses that were so popular in my youth.

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 3:40 PM

file_180983.JPG

Now he's too sick to fly!

litst ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 3:48 PM

Hehehe !!! >:) I wonder if we can eat Cring's tongues ??? With some Mader sauce, maybe ?

litst ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 7:44 PM

file_180984.JPG

Another image ... This time it shows the weird cockpit i've made . I really need to work on it more ... It reflects a kind of environment map i've put in the background . litst

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2001 at 9:03 PM

Hey, is "Wyvern" French for "Cheddar Express"? Just curious. That's a very cool ship. It has a style I don't think I've come across before, but which I think works very well. Nice job.

noviski ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 11:50 PM

Looks like the Sally Field's hat in "The Flyin'Nun" series...! ;) Very nice job,litst!

litst ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 11:44 AM

file_180985.JPG

I didn't know about this flying nun series ( we don't have that in France ), so i made a quick search on the net, and i've found this pic . Man, you're right, her hat looks exactly like my spaceship ! I swear i didn't copy ! litst

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.