Wed, Oct 2, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue Updates

Kaji ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 10:49 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:22 PM

Every time I try to download an update lately, it redirects me back to the home page. Is this happening for any of you?

Trepz ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 12:46 AM

I havent had the problem myself,maybe theres something up over at e-on. Send them an email.

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 3:05 AM

It works fine for me. Maybe you can clean the browser's cache and/or try other browsers.

Trepz ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 6:23 AM

You know what though, since this is not to far off topic i will mention it here. One problem I have always had with vue is it never updates itself. Like it always tells me it is up to date when i ask...

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 6:36 AM

I thought the same. I have Vue to update itself, check for new content and check for fresh news but not even once did I get any message in these regards. I have the firewall open to Vue, so I know it can contact e-on, so why the heck doesn't it do any of these things?!...

Trepz ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 8:27 AM

I dont know, same here. I am not that teribly lazy that i cannot go to e-on myself..but i just thought it was interesting. Yet another aspect of Vue that doesent do as it should:P

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 9:27 AM

I think Vue installs final versions (I've had it happen), but does NOT install beta versions. Those we have to do manually.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Kaji ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 9:33 AM

Does not work for me in Firefox 3, works fine in Safari. Weird.

Trepz ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 9:46 AM

Nope, i got firerfox as well, and it is a no go(;

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 4:48 PM

Re the initial question - I had that endless loop back to the home page about a month ago.  i left it a few days, tried again and it was fine.

Re the programme updating - I have the problem where it tells me it's up to date too.  I mentioned it some time ago at e-on when I'd asked a question about something else.  They said they'd look into it.  Obviously they haven't yet !

Gill

gateman45 ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 11:09 PM

I had vs289768 tried to update and thought it didnt work ,same as you, i was re- directed to the home page...i use internet download manager...and a popup always comes up telling me that the dlded programme is in the works....even went  so far as to post a msg to tech help at e-on....well i re- checked my version and guess what it did the update in the background...new version is now 292547...go figure!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.