Fri, Sep 20, 4:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: WIP......Definitely in need of suggestions and comments!

Carnifex ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2001 at 1:45 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:40 PM

Attached Link: http://voidrunner.dns2go.com/index.htm

file_181089.jpg

Well, here is my latest work in progress. The guy is Michael with my own facial tweaks. Texture is the default Michael tex. The clothing is Daz, but everything else is modelled from scratch in Cinema 4D XL. Does the lighting work? How about the textures? Angle of view??? I am looking for any and all opinions on how to make this a better picture.

bushi ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2001 at 1:58 AM

Well, it is an imposing view. I generally don't comment on image content anymore but since you asked. ;-) The green lights don't work for me. They kinda clash with the blues of the rest of the image. I think I'd look more at dark reds. I like the central figure especially the effect on the eyes. Going to reds for the high-lights might make him look even more sinister. If I was going this, I'd pitch the camera angle down some so you where looking up slightly. It makes the figure even more imposing. I think I'd also get the central figure out of dead center. It makes the image too static. For what it's worth. ;-) Great start!

fiontar ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2001 at 3:52 AM

I like it. Most of the textures are awesome and really make the picture. I'd be interested to see some of Bushi's suggestions implimented, just to see if they do help to improve the image. I like the lighting as is, but I'd have to see it in red to say which way I would like better. :-) The only thing that I think needs improvement is the texture for the pants. The texture isn't bad, but is sub-par considering how excellent all the other textures in the image are. Other than that, very nice!

bushi ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2001 at 4:09 AM

fiontar - Good call on the pants texture. The rest of the image is so texture rich that I'm surprised I didn't pick that up. Looks like it's time for an upgrade on the glasses. ;-)

Carnifex ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2001 at 11:06 AM

Cool, thanks for the ideas. I agree on the pants texture and the angle and position of the guy. As far as the lights go, they're not green, atleast not on my screen. They're a dirty, yellowish white...Sorta like what you get from lamps that haven't been cleaned in ages with old bulbs...I can try and tweak it to make it more white, I guess, but I don't see where the green is coming from??? His pants have really been annoying me. I have not been able to find a decent texture that would map alright on his damn pants...Don't have anything specifically for his pants, so I am sorta at a loss. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks so far for the great criticism. Keep it coming! Regards Ian

fiontar ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2001 at 4:10 PM

Pants can have some funky fabrics. since this is in the future, they could be even funkier. Trial and error with different textures, even if they definitely weren't designed for pants, may find something that works. Also, sometimes I will use a fairly basic texture but try a bunch of different bump maps until I find one that gives it texture. :-) I'm not familiar with Cinema 4D, so I don't know what the texturing options are. I've been modeling in Rhino, hopefully I can stretch may save limit until I get the full program in a week or two, Poser and I render in Bryce 4. In Bryce, textures made for clothing seem to work well, but I have to fiddle with settings and introduce bump maps, etc... to get what I'm looking for. I have done clothing textured fully with in Bryce, using various materials instead of UV mapped images. You don't get the detail in variation over a particular mesh, but since the pants are simple, you might find a solution that way. :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.