Sat, Oct 5, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: reder settings file

heli232 ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 11:22 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:23 AM

In which file are the render settings stored?
And are the settings from different versions 6 and 7 interchangeable by copying that file?

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 11:29 AM · edited Fri, 23 May 2008 at 11:30 AM

The exact location seems to vary with Windows versions.  Search your
disk for the folder "RenderPresets" and you'll find the files with a PRP
extension.  They are text files, seem to be pretty much the same thing
as the render info section from the PZ3 with a new header and footer.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

heli232 ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 11:49 AM

Thanks, I found 2 prp files on my pc, but that they were related to poser items.
I  am looking for the place where the saved setting from the firefly save settings menue are stored.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 5:19 PM

I think the prp files are the presets that you save in the Render Settings window. I think the actual render settings are stored in the pz3. In the case of opening a new document they will come from the "preferredState.pz3". In P6 this file lives at:

[Poser Folder]RuntimeprefspreferredState.pz3

Within the "preferredState.pz3" the render settings are found in the "renderDefaults" section of the file, near the end of the pz3.

heli232 ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 4:57 AM

Thanks, but maybe my description was not prcise. If I open the firefly renderer settings, I can change settings like "Max bucket size", "Raytraceing",...
and then I can save the changed settings.

I did not find these settings in the files menrtioned above.

heli232 ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 1:44 PM

Thank you that was the good link, if found them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.