Wed, Oct 2, 8:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Buying xstream 6,5 now - what happens when 7 comes out!?

coldk ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 9:32 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 8:27 PM

Hi all,

i'm about to take the plunge and buy xstream 6.5 after using PLE... I've tried contacting e-on a few times, but they've never replied...

question is, if i buy xstream now, and v7 comes out next week, or a month or 3 months, would i have to pay for the upgrade or would i get v7 free... does anyone know? has a similar thing happened to them?

just don't want to spend a lot of money on the program now, only to find an update comes out only a month after and i have to spend more money then.

many thanks

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 10:06 AM

Personally unless you absolutly need to use Vue with other applications I would just get Infinite.XStream is insanely buggy still. Not to sure about the upgrade prices, but i do remember a time when the upgrade to 6 was free i believe. I hope 7 comes out soon though:D

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 10:09 AM

Th free upgrade Paul talks about is the upgrade from Vue6 to 6.5, I think, but I might be wrong.
I thi nk you would definitely need to buy the upgrade, but I remember last time, when you bought Vue5 a few months before Vue6 shipped, there was a very good deal for the upgrade, better than the "normal" upgrad. Dunno if it will be the same this ime, and besides, nobody knows when Vue7 will be out.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 10:39 AM

Unless you see an offer "Buy 6, get 7 free", I would think you will be in the same boat as the rest of us.  When 7 comes out, we all jump in and upgrade!  :tt1:

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Kaji ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 3:20 PM

Oh please let there not be 7 coming out any time soon...

Too short development cycle == horrible product. :laugh:

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 3:38 PM

Hmmmmm... I got today the e-on newsletter it says:

Vue 6.6 build 292711 Final Release for Vue 6 Infinite and Vue 6 xStream

Let the speculations begin :biggrin:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Kaji ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 3:48 PM

All that means is the patch is out of beta. :tongue1:

Fixed possible crashes or deadlocks in Cinema4D when starting a render.

We'll see about that one...

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 9:37 AM

Seen a few threads lately about "Is vue 7 coming out soon?".

Bottom line is nobody knows, and even if they did they would be under an NDA so they wouldn't say anyway. I hate those types of threads, unless you see anything on the E-On site please assume nothing new is coming out yet.

As for the original question you can 99.9% assume you will be paying for an upgrade "if" anything comes out this year or next or whatever. Unless an offer specifically says buy now get vue 7 free then they are under no obligation to provide free updates.

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

croxie ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 1:09 PM

Stay away from xStream if you can live without it because it's a horrible piece of crap, if you excuse the language. I've had Vue 6 xStream since the end of December last year, everything's up to date and the render engine is still a pain. Along with everything else.

I can't imagine that they would improve anything with a new version since they can't seem to make this one work the way it should. Personally I would rather get Vue 6 Infinite if anything if I had a choice.

C.

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Kaji ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 1:13 PM

I second that about xStream. It keeps crashing Cinema on me or corrupting my save files. Since most high end programs can export, you're better of exporting your objects into Vue.

Trepz ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 10:09 PM

Aw gee guys, do we need to start an XStream support line. I will go first.Hi.my name is Paul, and i am a former XStream user."P

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

Kaji ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2008 at 12:12 AM

Do we have a 12 step program for getting off of xStream? Should we start xStream anonymous?

Hi, my name is Akira and I am a former xStream user... owait... I can't get rid of it!

croxie ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2008 at 8:38 AM

Quote -
Hi, my name is Akira and I am a former xStream user... owait... I can't get rid of it!

Now that sounds familiar somehow ;)

C.

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.