Mon, Oct 21, 10:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 15 1:50 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Don

MrWyatt ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 5:45 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:51 PM

Well my suggestion for the next Challenge is " COMIC ANTI HERO" . Create some tragic, funny, puny, nasty, silly comic caracters who want to save the world, but will never make it to the next corner. I think of characters like "The mysterious Logg Man" or "The Amazing Peanutbutter Boy And His Sidekick Oozing Jelly Thing" or maybe something like " The Deranged Naked Visible Man ( to dumb he thinks hes invisible) and his best buddy The Unmissable Walking Target Boy". Give us everything you got, showercaps, bunny houseslippers, pick the silliest items you can imagine and give them a mysterious new super-heroic-funktion. Make it a cover for a "mock" comicbook. We want to laugh our butts off, so have fun and use which ever app you prefere. As long as its CG, or at least has a visible CG element. By the way use none of the above Anti Heroes, cos they are mine allready. Im working on a short story for an animation with these fellas, as soon I got the time...sigh. Well I wonder if anybody will challenge this but I hope a lot of funny stuff will come out of it. Cheers Guillaume. ;)

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 6:39 AM

LOL! Oh man, that's hilarious! Hope you don't mind if I steal your 'Invisible' Naked Man idea! LOL!

cake1 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 8:29 AM

That's a really cool idea.. love the concept.. By the way, have you seen the movie "Mystery Men"...? You should like it .... smile Cecile

MrWyatt ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 8:55 AM

Yes I did. Actually that was the starting-point for my idea, hehe. ;)

cake1 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 8:56 AM

Are you the... "Ballerina Man..."? lol

MrWyatt ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 9:01 AM

Sort of ...smile

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 3:05 PM

I have an anti-hero that might amuse (Poser, Carrara). Where do I post him?

MrWyatt ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 3:06 AM

In the Challenge Arena Gallery With a Link in the Challenge Arena Forum ;)

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 1:04 PM

Aww man, I wish I were still in touch with my old roommate who was a fan of the Legion of Superheroes... He was part of an APA that ran a "Make the most useless Legionnaire" feature every once in a while. I remember some, like "Evil Kid" and some that surfaced in the Legion of Substitute Heroes (IIRC, a member of the APA went on to become pro and created them, but I could be mistaken - this was MANY years ago)... Stone Boy. Color Kid. Chlorophyll Lass. This should be fun!

Julian_Boolean ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 7:39 PM

file_182455.jpg

Behold - a new hero has arisen to defend our fair city! And yet curiosity gnaws at our very souls. Who is this knight in construction paper armor and from where did he come? Relax good citizens... sit down, cross your legs, and put a cold cloth on your foreheads - for your questions are about to be answered. Name: Dr. Origami Origins: Once a humble grade school art teacher, he suffered a minor radioactive paper cut on Friday the 13th while reading the Accursed Manuscript at Miskatonic University. He was then struck by lightning several times while attempting to climb out of a vat of experimental gene-altering serum which he fell into after tripping over a black cat. He then spilled hot coffee on an irritable voodoo shaman, was bitten by a magic snake, stumbled through some dimensional portals, stepped on a crack, and ate some bad clams. "Dear diary, Friday sucked". Weaknesses: Must avoid heat, moisture, pointy objects, direct sunlight, strong winds and physical contact. Powers: Nearly immune to all forms of verbal abuse and any obscene gestures that don't involve spitting. Can slip under closed doors. Sidekick: Sadly, Dr. Origami's sidekick "Pita Boy" was beaten to death while attending a birthday party earlier this year. Battle Cry: "Now you're gettin' in my crease!" *************************** All models are original and were created and rendered in Ray Dream Studio. Image and text were composited in CorelDraw and Corel Photo Paint. 2001 James Zipperer a.k.a. Julian Boolean

MrWyatt ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 2:48 AM

Now thats too cool. I hope there is more to come. Still 5 days left.

TRLee ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 7:17 PM
Chas ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 9:24 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=68870&Start=1&Sectionid=7&WhatsNew=Yes

Well, we're actually out of the realm of "Anti-hero," but who cares? Here's another one for fun. Take care Chas

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 11:51 AM

True, Chas, these are more humorous or parody heroes than "anti-heroes..." An "anti-hero" is generally either a character who simply makes the hero's life more difficult without being a hero or a villain (as, say the main character of "Dr. Who" was in his first few stories, before he BECAME a hero), or an outright villain. Darth Vader is, essentially, an Anti-Hero. These have been more fun than the traditional anti-hero so far... :-)

wingmanthesneak ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 5:28 PM

NO, darthvader was a villan, an anti-hero, in general terms is someone who wants to be a hero but is tragicly flawed...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.