Mon, Oct 21, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: V4 male character quality.

belalarue ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 6:47 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:22 PM

Is it Just me? or is anyone else having problems getting great male characters from v4? even with some of the 3rd party charpacks,  most of the results look rather.........feminine.  V3 makes very nice male characters and there is alot of flexibility.
Thus far, it seems v4 has a long way to go to match that v3 capability.  btw im using the ultimate v4 morph package as well.

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 6:56 PM

Its not just you .

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 9:51 PM

confirmed

they are pretty men

not that I would complain, but that is my usual art genre

objectively, the V4 males tend to be too pretty
However, the morph dials can produce some really masculine features, if people want to experitment manually.

Eternal Hobbyist

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 10:05 PM

Or try Vittorio 4.2, which is resculpted from V4.x. Once a separate .cr2, pdxjims spawned the morphs into inj for V4.2's "newer" technology. Whereas the plain V4 male lacks much, and the muscles morphs are made for a woman's physique, Vittorio 4.2's morphs are done with the male anatomy in mind. And there are a lot of Vittorio morphs.

Use the V4 muscles morphs in conjunction with Vittorio's morphs, and you can get many masculine shapes out of him/her. And he's less than $7. Plus, there are lots of free clothing available from his creator.

Since m4 is still a whisper, Vittorio is the DAZ man to get.

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=6663&_m=a

Or you can download Apollo Maximus for free He's all man!

-- Jeff

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 10:11 PM

yes, Vit4.2 is definitely able to yield more masculine characters
need more character textures to expand the possibilities

The character texture packs for the V4 males in general ( Vit4.2 can also use those without problem) , are not quite hairy enough in the lower torso region.  Or maybe I haven't come across those yet.

Eternal Hobbyist

belalarue ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 4:59 AM

well, there is a difference between "pretty" and "flaming". at best these characters are boyish. it isnt the lack of hair, its the shape itself. I agree that apollo is very manly, but  his huge head makes him even harder to get a unique/diversified personality than m3 in my opinion. my best results have been with v3 and david.who also have as was mentioned more texture options as well.

belalarue ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 5:03 AM

I will give vittorio a try even though his promo page nearly makes me want to kiss him and i havent a gay bone in my body. lol! thanx all for the advice!

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 6:56 AM · edited Wed, 11 June 2008 at 7:02 AM

Attached Link: Alex for V4.2

**I'm going to toot my own horn here and state that I don't think Alex is feminine looking. Don't look at the "armor" he's wearing as it's really M3's and not a good fit, but he was made to have the distinctive characteristics of your typical male. He even comes with a few poses that do not have his hip placed at angles. *grin*

Plus, in doing promos for a new pose pack that's waiting to be released (5 for V4, 5 for V4 Male and 5 couple poses using both), I discovered he can wear Vittorio's clothing with slight adjustments. I found a muscle shirt and pants by pdxjim for free that did very well on him.

Porthos ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 4:17 PM

Attached Link: Mr. Spock

I attempted to create a young version of Spock using V4.2. I don't have any apt male textures.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2008 at 12:26 AM · edited Thu, 19 June 2008 at 12:29 AM

file_408614.jpg

> Quote - well, there is a difference between "pretty" and "flaming". at best these characters are boyish. it isnt the lack of hair, its the shape itself. I agree that apollo is very manly, but  his huge head makes him even harder to get a unique/diversified personality than m3 in my opinion. my best results have been with v3 and david.who also have as was mentioned more texture options as well.

In Apollo's parts list, you wil see the ADS_ScaleDials.  There are dials to scale just about everything including the head to any size you wish. You can scale his hands, his feet, his head, his penis, his spine; there are dials to scale him to a giant, a dwarf, a child, a boy, etc. Ive said before, you get what you put into it.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2008 at 12:30 AM · edited Thu, 19 June 2008 at 12:35 AM

file_408615.jpg

In Daz Studio you can select the Scale Dials as you would any part as well. Listed you will find 44 different remote scaling dials to accomplish more complex scaling. The full list of dials is listed on Apollo's download page along side the morph lists.

Cheers,
Anton

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2008 at 12:41 AM

I haven't tried to do any male morphs with V4 yet. But I like working with Apollo. I find him easy to work with and he takes textures very well. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2008 at 5:19 AM

The male characters I've seen made with Vickies look scarey to me, especially some of the V4 ones. You can tell instantly the base is feminine. Hats off to those who try to make a male character this way but I think if you're serious about having men in your artwork then the likes of M3 & Apollo would be the way to go.
Just my opinion.

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2008 at 5:50 AM

I think whether you want to use the V4.2 Male or not, becomes an issue when you need to make a truly realistic 3D male.  I'd have to stick with Apollo as first choice on that tack.

For light-weight in-world game males, fantasy humanoids, cartoon males or anime guys, you have a range of male base figures to choose from, the V4.2 Male being but one of the choices.

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.