Fri, Sep 20, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: OT rant

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 1:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:46 AM

Used to really like Daz but those days are going fast. They will not give support for other vendors software yet the tech couldn't tell me how to reach the vendor to get support. Used to be great customer service there, has really gone downhill in the last few months. Pity.
Rant done, over and out.
Oh, btw, does anyone know how to reach dodger...or...The Dodger as the tech called him?
His program has a bug and I need to know if it can be fixed or should I just return it while I can.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 1:55 PM

Dodger has his good and bad days.. post in daz's forums, and if he's popping in, he'll reply.. you can also PM him over at Daz as well...

What bug did you encounter?

And they are not allowed to give out private email info, for obvious reasons.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 1:57 PM

I would return it while I can, and then still try to reach the vendor. You can always re-purchase the program once the bug is fixed.
Don't know how to reach the Dodger. Did you go through the readme's with a fine tooth comb?

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:00 PM · edited Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:02 PM

What Connie said.. and since Dodger sold this at Poser pros at least 6 months ago or more, and is notorious for not correcting perceived issues in his stuff, a fix might never be forthcoming.

That said, i was going to complete a freebie he never finished, so I might be able to get a hold of him, if I had a clear idea of what the issues was. I almost bought syrinj a few days ago, before coming to my senses myself.. LOL!

Friends don't let freinds buy MarkDc products.

Freinds ALSO don't let freinds buy Dodger stuff either.. LOL!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:08 PM

You can send a site mail to Dodger here:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=5&userid=335968

His website is here:

http://www.xfx3d.net/

He's in my MSN Messenger, but I haven't seen him online for months.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:10 PM

He has been popping in the daz forums now and then, but seems to be in his "down periods".

Upside, I don't think he's making offers anymore in trade for places to live.. LOL!

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:17 PM

Things have gotten HARSH bad out here in the real world, so I hope he's still kicking about.  When Dodger's good, he's really good,IMO.  He's not the only one fallen on hard times. :(

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:20 PM

Yep, with prices spiralling upwards and out of control, making a living doing luxury items like poser content is pretty tough.. plus poser pro shut down, and his stuff there has been in limbo since then.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 3:58 PM · edited Thu, 12 June 2008 at 4:04 PM

There is no readme and the help file is empty. Just got word there is a fix and the new version will be ready soon so going to wait a week and see what happens.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 4:10 PM · edited Thu, 12 June 2008 at 4:11 PM

Oh and I wasn't asking for private email info, but if you buy a product you should be able to reach that vendor if you have a problem, since Daz doesn't support other folks products. I don't feel I should have to hunt people down if there is a problem. Talked to the tech again and he said he installed it, got the same problem and there is no help or readme or any kind of instructions on using this item. We all have problems in the real world, maybe he should straighten those out first. Don't mean to be a jerk, but my clients would never stand for something like that, and I would not get a second chance, they would just find someone who is professional enough to deliver a complete product.
Rant over.
Over and out.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 4:12 PM

Daz now puts readme files also in it's wiki. I looked at the instruction to it the day it was launched.. the link it right on it's product page:

http://artzone.daz3d.com/wiki/doku.php/azproduct/5818

Might want to include your customer experience on there, since it IS a wiki, and you can add to it.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 4:17 PM · edited Thu, 12 June 2008 at 4:24 PM

Here's also a link to the Daz commons discussion about it, with a response from Dodger from today!

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=87068

Also,  link again right from the daz commons, with a video page tutorial on it:

http://www.xfx3d.net/SyrINJ/help.shtml

Seriously, if you have an issue with anything why not check where you got it from first? If I buy something at Rendo, I check it's poser forums first. if I buy something from daz, I check there first, and if I buy something from CP, I check it's forums first as well.

I wasn;t intending to rag on you, Marque, but it took my 5 minutes to look on the product page, and in the commons for the entire manual, a tutorial, and a discussion involving the creator. I can't fault Dodger for hthis issue, because I found everything I would need myself in very little time.

Daz IS using a new method of product packaging, and odds are that might have had something to do with the installer build, though that doesn't excuse them not having a manual with the installer.

Oh, Marque I AM seriously wondering what issue you ran into, since I was considering picking it up, if indeed it does do what it claims to do easily. If it's another of these lame $20 do nothing properly utilites, I'll pass on it.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 9:26 PM

Rag all you want, should have had the help file with it or something. I shouldn't have to go to a forum and hunt up the info. The issue I ran into was a dialog box that opened and said something was missing and the progam shut down. Apparently they are fixing it, so holding off for a week, the tech said it would take about that long to get it repackaged.

Richabri ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 9:54 PM
Online Now!

*quote: Friends don't let freinds buy MarkDc products.

You know, the shame of it,  is that he's made some really ingenious products and when you consider that he's a single person and not a programming team an application like the Pegasus Modeler seems like a fairly tremendous feat. But any of the praise and/or admiration he would have garnered from the Poser community for his achievements have been stomped into the dirt due to his lack of tech support for those same products.

Autogroup, Quickconform, Pmorph Tools, Morph Magic etc.

I sometimes have to wonder what he is thinking.

• Rick

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 9:56 PM

I can't believe that they JUST found a bug in it NOW, when the thing's been out for almost a year already.

And I agree, you shouldn't HAVE to go rooting around looking for instructions when they should have been included.. BUt ya should know where to look for intel by now.. ya been around the block for a long time like most of us.. LOL!

Did any of his tutorials or instructions help you avoid that issue? I wonder if they pulled it's availability if it's busted?

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 10:01 PM

Ya forgot Pegasus Modeler...LOL!

I'm proud of every product I've done, and most issues with Mark's products could be easily addressed.. and no real reason why minor fixes should warrant a new version either.

I still use quick conform, because on occasion i does what I expect it to do.

But the thing of it is, there are alays peopel who think they'll be a magic program for $30 that makes poser life SO much easier... I'd say 60% or more of the inexpensive poser utility products are just junk, preying on the uninformed.

But then there's also gold, Like PhilC's stuff, easypose Undeground n such.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 8:23 AM · edited Fri, 13 June 2008 at 8:24 AM

I'm not looking to be led by the hand and I don't think I'm getting a magic program that does everything for me. I am busy though, and the reason I buy these tools, emphasis on the word tool, is because I don't want to have to take too much time to get where I want. If I'm going to much about with it, might as well save my coffee money and do it myself. Actually getting fairly close to that point now. Daz seems to take a lot of programs at face value lately. They used to at least test them. Now apparently they don't even start them up before they turn them loose on us. Don't get me wrong, I like the folks at Daz, but they are getting very sloppy lately.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 9:13 AM

Quote - Don't get me wrong, I like the folks at Daz, but they are getting very sloppy lately.

I think the same can be said for most Poser Market Place's that sell other people's stuff these days.

nyguy ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 11:40 AM

Quote - > Quote - Don't get me wrong, I like the folks at Daz, but they are getting very sloppy lately.

I think the same can be said for most Poser Market Place's that sell other people's stuff these days.

I agree with you, on this. I am still waiting on fixes for a few items I had purchased here and other market places and the artist(s) promised fixes and yet I am still waiting (one over 4 months but cannot get my money back due to I got it for free with a purchase).
I hope PhilC reads this thread because his products and support are the best in poserdom and in the real world!

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 12:00 PM

Please! PhilC is on any question at all hours, I don't think the guy sleeps! I have never had a complaint about his products, and when I have asked questions he is patient beyond belief. He needs to teach a class on customer support. I don't think I've ever heard a complaint about him. I'm thinking it may be time to just back off from buying stuffage and start doing my own. Just been so convenient to grab what I need to get the job done. Oh well....

dlfurman ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 7:49 PM

Quote - STUFF SNIPPED
Friends don't let freinds buy MarkDc products.

Freinds ALSO don't let freinds buy Dodger stuff either.. LOL!

I've had no problem with his products, and when I did, I followed procedures to contact him.

Something I believe you suggested to Marque about this current topic, no?

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 10:06 PM

Who?

Many small application developers are well known for speedy and excellent updates.

others are known for releasing products, and letting bugs langish. Buyer Beware!

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 9:52 PM

I have tried contacting markdc... about the auto group editor.
I keep getting an error saying that I need a new key! I have had it a while.. and only just used it.
Worked fine first couple of times... then nothing.
It's odd....

bevans84 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 5:14 AM · edited Sat, 01 November 2008 at 5:15 AM

On autogroup editor- you've probably got the key from registration_num.txt entered into the program. This one (in my case) has Renderosity_AGE for the username.
You should have received another key that has your Renderosity username with a different key, this is your permanent one.

Porthos ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2008 at 3:30 PM

I have the same problem! I don't recall getting a new key at any stage, unless my spam folder ate it! I have sent marcdc an IM, I'm awaiting a reply! :(

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.