Sun, Sep 15, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Rotor Blades Blur!

Ejaz ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2008 at 11:02 PM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 1:15 PM

Hi Guyz!
I am trying to give the rotor blades of a helicopter a nice looking blur,I animated the rotor blades and trying to render a still image but I am not getting a good blur from this,any idea what to do?I am following the tut which says animate the object and then bring the slider close to the start point and render and this should give you a blur on the object but for me its not working any other way of doing this?
Thanks for the help!

Powertec ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2008 at 11:37 PM · edited Thu, 19 June 2008 at 11:38 PM
impish ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2008 at 7:25 AM

Well I rendered an aircraft with spinning propeller the other night. 

Which kind of motion blur are you using - I was using hybrid 2.5 motion blur with minimal enhancement because I prefer the look it gives.

I do find that to get convincing blur on propellers etc you really need to give them a reasonable number of rotations, say 10 to 20 minimum, to get a good effect. 

I think I uses a frame about half way between the start frame and the end frame but thats just because I don't have the tutorial in front of me when I was making the picture.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Ejaz ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2008 at 2:13 AM

Thanx guyz for the help!
well Mark thanx for the tip,2.5Hybrid worked for me as well.

impish ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2008 at 11:05 AM

Glad you got it working :-)

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.