Tue, Sep 24, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Hot Linking to Renderosity's Galleries

Chipperz ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2008 at 5:07 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 6:13 AM

Hey everyone!!! This may have been posted in the past ,but I can't find anything on the subject.
I've been REAL curious about people joing Renderosity for the sake of accessability to gallery pictures for their  personal use. Be it legit or not. I have had several people add Myself or my images to their favorites list. I go to check their Gallery and to no avail they haven't  not even one Image upload,but rather tons of pages of favorite Images. My question is that maybe the gallery
pictures are being "Hot Linked" to.??? If so this concerns me about My work and others being hijacked.  Can a member's page with a ton of favorite Images and no gallery be monitored??
Maybe examine bandwidth use to determine if Hot Linking is occuring?? Anyways, just  something that has been bothering me. Any enlightenment on this subject would be greatly
appreciated,and maybe my mentioning this may raise some further investigating?? Thanx for your time.............

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2008 at 6:24 PM

Theres nothing to stop someone from downloading your pic and using it elsewhere. I believe the site prevents hotlinking from the galleries directly.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2008 at 6:31 PM

Galleries cannot be viewed by non members, therefore even if someone were to become a member, place you on their fave list and tried to hotlink your gallery on their website, those non members viewing wouldn't get anything. 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

zai ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2008 at 4:40 AM

I can view image when I'm not logged in fine. All you have to do it right click any gallery image, get the direct image link and that's it, just like any other website. Hot linking seems to be perfectly possible. And that's exactly what they would want, the image without the page around it so they can directly display it. I tried it with my gallery and with Chipperz and it worked fine in both Safari and FF. The would have to be a member to GET at those links yes. 

Rendo Store | Freebies | RDNA Store

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2008 at 10:00 AM

*Galleries cannot be viewed by non members

*Umm I was under the impression they could if they have a direct link to your gallery!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.