Thu, Sep 19, 3:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:44 pm)

Subject: OT: We're burning in CA

tebop ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2008 at 8:35 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:57 AM

It's hell here, we have a local fire and all the sky is covered with smoke. Everything looks red and yesterday we had no power since 6pm . That means, i should not do any Poser stuff cause the power might go off before i push SAVE. 

Anyone else experiencing fires currently?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2008 at 8:39 PM

that's true.  there are already reports of fires blowing out transformers in the hills
there.  the old ones are tanks filled with biphenyl, which can't go above about 300 C
IIRC.

LadyMari ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2008 at 10:29 PM

I'm originally from Southern California, but now live in North Carolina.  We currently have a fire burning here in the eastern part of the state.  The winds shifted a couple of weeks back and brought all the smoke and soot particles with it  all the way into Raleigh and the surrounding area.  Boy, I felt right at home.  Ugh.  I really hope something happens to help alleviate all this burning in both parts of the US. 

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 1:42 AM

In Jerusalem we've got killers driving bulldozers, -I think I'd prefer the fires.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 8:15 AM

Right now here in Michigan my yard is under water again with our 6th flood of the year.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 11:17 AM

Quote - Right now here in Michigan my yard is under water again with our 6th flood of the year.

I thought you've put your house on stilts by now.

How's it going, Geo?

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 5:02 PM

Hey JV :D

Going ok- just a little damp on the bottom side, lol :P

Porthos ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 6:46 PM

I'm willing to trade some water for some sun, it's a deluge here In Galway, Ireland! :(

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 6:53 PM

Quote - I'm willing to trade some water for some sun, it's a deluge here In Galway, Ireland! :(

I'll trade you some sunshine for some rain.  We could use some rain here.  30's and sunny without a cloud in the sky the last few days. Supposed to rain tomorrow though.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

tebop ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 8:11 PM

So i have to wait  3 months to do any Poser work?? D*** %#*!    :D

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 9:43 PM

Quote - In Jerusalem we've got killers driving bulldozers, -I think I'd prefer the fires.
DPH

Yeah, over here they get the convicts out of prison to man the fire break buldozers at times... so you get both.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 8:28 AM

Hot, muggy and miserable here in Phoenix, but, so far, only one fire and not near here. Too bad we can't move some of that moisture around where we need it.

I saw a clip of the guy in the bulldozer, which reminded me of the incident with the tank in California, and a dump truck here in Phoenix.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 12:58 PM

tebop, the chaparral may not all be burnt off until mid-December.
hence ya may as well use poser anyway, and then post a render in the gallery here.
it can be your first.  do one of yer environment with some characters in it.

rockets ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:14 PM

All the disasters in the world are so sad.  I'm afraid our days of abusing the earth are catching up with us.:sad:

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:50 PM

Attached Link: Palestinian goes on rampage in Jerusalem; 3 killed

> Quote - > Quote - In Jerusalem we've got killers driving bulldozers, -I think I'd prefer the fires. > > DPH > > > > Yeah, over here they get the convicts out of prison to man the fire break buldozers at times... so you get both.

Not exactly.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 4:38 PM
Site Admin

Here in northern Illinois,  we've go rivers flooding out homes, but just a few miles away, our grass is turning brown and the crops (which got put in late do to the rain) are hurting for water. Don't know if we should hope for rain or not. This is a lot less deadly than fires, so you have my sympathies.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 7:11 AM

Quote - > Quote - I'm willing to trade some water for some sun, it's a deluge here In Galway, Ireland! :(

I'll trade you some sunshine for some rain.  We could use some rain here.  30's and sunny without a cloud in the sky the last few days. Supposed to rain tomorrow though.

Ok, I think I'll take back some of that sunshine now!  cloudy, cool and rain is a bit too much!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.