Wed, Sep 18, 1:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Concerning the *arcebus "Rubberpets"

arcebus ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 2:43 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 9:06 AM

On Thursday, July 3rd, I received an eMail from Renderosity where they stated that they removed my "Rubberpet" product line from the marketplace, because "some members" "complained" about the nature of these products.

** I want to express explicitely, that neither any copyright infringements, nor technical failures were the reason for this products to be removed!****

If you purchased any of the products, you can use them as any other product purchased at the Renderosity MarketPlace, the License under which you bought the Rights to use the is still valid.

**A detailed statement can be found on my freebie site, www.alterworldz.com

www.skin2pix.com

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 2:49 PM

For what its worth....I thought that they were a nifty idea.

--Rebekah--

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 3:37 PM

not really my thing but I can't see any problems with them considering some of the stuff that's sold on here

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 3:50 PM

maybe it was a trade-dress issue, or dilution of trademark.  I ain't a lawyer.

kimber89 ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 4:01 PM

Pfft, I think that was stupid on Rendo's part. Not like there isn't a ton of leather, latex, fetish outfits in the store.....:/

You should consider brokering the Rubber Pets at The place that sounds like Renderosity but with erotica on the end or Synful Mindz.

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 4:01 PM · edited Sun, 06 July 2008 at 4:02 PM

Quote - maybe it was a trade-dress issue, or dilution of trademark.  I ain't a lawyer.

And maybe it was just what arcebus stated, member complaints regarding the "nature" of the product.  No one implied it was anything to do with right infringements.

More likely to do with Rendo's non-erotica stance that had several members take their products to Renderotica and elsewhere over the past few years.  Fetish is fine (if it doesn't say that) but they do have a line.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 4:54 PM

They removed it?!

And here I thought it was just a mouse costume.

I guess the next thing to go will be the "School girl" outfits for adult women which  seemingly  promotes sexual fantasies with a minor. Or any number of other "costumes" such as the nurse ones, fire fighter ones, or sexy lace/leather combo, spike boots, thigh boots, spike collars, chains etc.... all could be said to promote sexual fantasies of a variety of types.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 5:21 PM · edited Sun, 06 July 2008 at 5:22 PM

Quote - They removed it?!

And here I thought it was just a mouse costume.

I guess the next thing to go will be the "School girl" outfits for adult women which  seemingly  promotes sexual fantasies with a minor. Or any number of other "costumes" such as the nurse ones, fire fighter ones, or sexy lace/leather combo, spike boots, thigh boots, spike collars, chains etc.... all could be said to promote sexual fantasies of a variety of types.

Naaaa this would put the marketplace out of business seeing the bulk of the items in the MP carry this theme one way or another. There has only been a few times I've questioned  Renderosity and the things they do but I can't help to say that this time it appears rules are for some and not others.

My Facebook Page

stormchaser ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 5:43 PM

If these were top sellers would Rendo have removed them?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 8:09 PM

maybe somebody was already selling a similar gimp suit at one of the bondage sites.
somebody check those sites and see if there's a similar suit there.

I agree that they wouldn't just do a blanket ban on the bondage items.
I dunno about the mouse heads.  maybe disney sent 'em a C&D.  I ain't a lawyer.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 8:14 PM

Quote - I dunno about the mouse heads.  maybe disney sent 'em a C&D.  I ain't a lawyer.

He said it wasn't about copyright. It was about the "nature" of the item.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 8:15 PM

They weren't mouse heads, it was a rubber fetish outfit with zipped face holes.

Renderosity doesn't sell bondage items anymore do they? I haven't seen any in a while or maybe just not marketed that way...

It also wasn't Mickey mouse, not really, different face shape.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 11:14 PM

Quote - > Quote - I dunno about the mouse heads.  maybe disney sent 'em a C&D.  I ain't a lawyer.

He said it wasn't about copyright. It was about the "nature" of the item.

I can imagine some people may have had a problem mixing animal and cartoon overtones with sexuality. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, I think the products are cool and very clever, but when I saw them published one of the thoughts was - I bet someone will have problem with them.
Well, bummer :(   I'm glad they're going to be  available elsewhere. How about Renderotica, is that a good place to sell them? (Sowwy if that's a dumb question, I'm not overly familiar with renderotica)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

kimber89 ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 11:38 PM

Quote -
Well, bummer :(   I'm glad they're going to be  available elsewhere. How about Renderotica, is that a good place to sell them? (Sowwy if that's a dumb question, I'm not overly familiar with renderotica)

I though they wear very unique & kinda funny as well, not my thing though....I would think the footwear on those things would be terribly uncomfortable & unable to actually walk! ;)

Yes, Renderotica would be a good place to sell them, LOL!

Lzy724 ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 5:36 PM

so next we will be down to fairy wings and oh yeah more fairy wings.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 10:25 PM
Online Now!

I enjoy the mouse outfit greatly, if you sell a new store, let me know please!  Fingers crossed for a "cow" pet :)

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 5:34 PM · edited Tue, 08 July 2008 at 5:38 PM

Quote - I enjoy the mouse outfit greatly, if you sell a new store, let me know please!  Fingers crossed for a "cow" pet :)

There are some up at another store, the mouse soon as well.  I won't say where, but you can read between the lines (or below in the sig line ;-D )

-Galileo

Sivana ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 10:12 PM

I really wonder what did we do without the guardians here in town?
If I did complain my dislikes on MP, they had to remove 80 % of the products since V4 has start and all good vendors run away.
I ´m really nerved from the most boring products here, and so it´s sad to hear that Arcebus´ funny line is canceld now. I really wonder when the last good vendor will leafe ReRo too.

In Galleries we have nudes without any end, but if a nude is wearing a rubber animal dress, it seems a first class scandal.

I really wonder how many member have claimed the nature of the rubber-line? Three or four against 500 who likes it and 1000 who had no preference??
Are they really members (=consumer) only, or have that been other vendors which couldn´t seen an other high-flying product?  (Remember the bullying against Syltermermaid)

Anyway, I have just noticed that the most prude member here often let the "pig fly" in R´otica.

MaskimXul ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 10:53 PM

Damn, I really wanted the pig one :/

MoxieGraphix ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 12:10 AM

Prudes on parade, apparently.

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 7:50 AM

Quote - Damn, I really wanted the pig one :/

Well they are available, just not here...

Frankly I didn't understand the problem with the mouse and the pig, maybe it's me I see costumes and "play" but nothing more erotic than a push up corset or other outfits.

-Galileo

BurstAngel ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 3:22 PM

Wow!

I remember my first reaction seeing the outfits, Thought they were weird, very fetish and yeah, a little disturbing. Had a good laugh with the pig outfit.

I thought it was very well done and unique, sorry to hear they pull it out of the store.

Clearly, Rendo didn't have a problem with it when they first approved it.

I certainly hope they show up somewhere.

NemainRavenwood ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 3:54 PM

Hmm, damn fetish stuff...damn me for creating such stuff too.
If you need help Arcebus, drop me a line.

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 3:56 PM

Quote -

I certainly hope they show up somewhere.

You can find them at 3-D Arena now :-)

-Galileo

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 4:52 PM

I would hate to see you pull your stuff from here, arcebus. I think your characters are extraordinary.

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 1:59 AM

If enough of us complain about the samey & boring looking V4 characters here will Rendo remove them?

The Rubberpets weren't my cup of tea but I did like to see some diversity in the MP.

Coleman ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 5:02 AM

Silliness

Thetis ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 8:39 AM

When I noticed the pets were gone, I thought you moved them to this other site where special lifeforms are welcome.They run a Vendor's contest there now or will do so soon. Maybe you'll enter them there?

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 9:16 PM

If work hadn't drained me of all energy today I would be enraged!

As it is, I'm insulted by another example of fearful little vanillas getting to dictate policy.

Glad to see a new home has been found for these truly unique and imaginative outfits.

Cheers to the open-minded.

egaeus ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 12:11 PM

Renderosity is utterly hypocritical.  Three quarters of the products that this site offers are for provocative clothing and poses, lingerie and large breasted characters, the galleries are filled with T an A, and yet they turn coquettish and crumble over completely arbitrary boundaries of what might be deemed "objectionable" or "questionable."  

If you are going to live in a world with other people, you are going to run into people who don't like some things and complain about them.  What POSSIBLE objection could someone have to the Rubberpets that they shouldn't also have with the various "school girl" clothing models or cheerleading outfits or bondage fantasy items that many of the top vendors create?  The marketplace sells masks for executioners; why are the Rubberpets any different? 

Sometimes, when people complain, the customer is NOT right, and the answer should be that the site wants to provide a diversity of products, and if those complaining don't care for certain items they shouldn't buy them.

I'm sorry about the issue you're having arcebus--and this after they just did a profile of you. 

What an asinine world we live in.

Mike

DarkStarRising ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 1:24 PM

**What the hell, the rubberpets been taking down WTF, sorry nothing naughty about them then again i am perverted

I was hoping to get them one day when i had that stuff um paper stuff whats it called.. food, no, um oh yeah MONEY.

Im disgusted that rosity has taken these down prolly by pritsy mums IE soccor mums complainign while there are TONNES of nude micheal's and vickys in the MP, with bikini's and every decreasing dress lengths etc etc, very contradictory i think.

I really want to see a cow pet or and elephant pet or a chicken pet......

now ill never be able to get my naughty pets now :( very hurt and very dissapointed in rosity.

In the words of DarkStarRising:
"Sadness within sadness,
Darkness within darkness,
a shadow of a form lays upon the floor,
looking at herself
looking at her own shadows of loneliness"

arcebus ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 4:38 PM · edited Sat, 12 July 2008 at 4:39 PM

Hi folks,
thank you all very much for the nice words. I especially appreciate the ones from you guys who stated that the Rubberpets weren't "their cup of tea" - because I hear this old fashioned thing speak, that once was called "tolerance".
As mentioned inside the thread, the Pets are for sale elsewhere now.

And - no, Dalt Wisney didn't compain, and Fury  and Mister Ed also didn't - none of them would have had a chance, I'm in  copyright-related  businesses for three decades now. Maybe the apocalyptic horsemen did...

Tally Ho, everbody.

www.skin2pix.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.