Fri, Sep 20, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: V4 elite thread (I cant believe this is the first one)

nickedshield ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 12:28 AM

Thank you Sivana. I'll have to make a decision here shortly.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 2:23 AM

"Ye right, Punt.. I stand corrected. Daz HAD talked about including hi res tiff images with the texture release.. wonder if they are making them additional downloads to reduce size, or if they changed their minds?"

Changed thier minds, there are no additional downloads. So that means these textures are not as good as the could have been. JPEG compressed. Maybe Daz figures no one would mind the compression and still pay top money for it and it won't cost Daz the extra bandwidth that Tiffs would take. I find that when I save my images as tiff, they tend to be about 25mbs or more. Think what the file sizes would be for each texture pack.

I would love to have them as tiff, we would be getting what we payed for.

tbird10 ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 8:55 AM

There are other pretty good textures out there for a lot less. See http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1617661 for an example of the GW5 texture.

I appreciate the elite textures are at a much higher resolution than previous textures and that perhaps a lot more work has gone into them to justify the expense. I would have thought though that most 'pros' and certainly studios would create their own high end textures straight from stock photography, giving them a lot more control over the end product.

I have yet to see any render yet that makes me want to rush out and buy them though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.