Tue, Oct 22, 1:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Poser 7 closes immediate after SR 3 installed

WadeTripp ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 12:03 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:56 PM

I am using Poser 7 SR3, it tries to open and start running. but just quickly closes and do nothing.  Has anyone else has this problem.  I am using Vista Ultimate.

Thanks,

Wade

ratscloset ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 1:53 AM

Check permissions (make sure Vista Permissions are set correct) then Preferences (or maybe reset Preferences would be better). If you are using an ATI Card, update your Driver.  If that does not work, contact Smith Micro Tech Support.

ratscloset
aka John

originalkitten ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 3:44 AM

I know tons of people who are having probs of diff natures after using it

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

seattletim ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 10:23 AM

I can't even get mine to open. . . .I am in mourning. . .

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 10:27 AM

no problem here -- running 7 on OSX 3.9. If anything, it;s rendering faster in Firefly.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

WadeTripp ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 11:17 AM

I think the problem may be it is having issues with registring and doing the security check with the protection of Vista and Kaspensky to protect registry and virus.  It might be detecting the update

Greebo ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 11:40 AM

I gave up on sr3 after scenes I had been working on and saved, wouldn't load certain texture files when I loaded up the scene again. Ah well, 2.1 works fine for me shrugs

Santel ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 11:55 AM

Hi, Vista Ultimate 64bit and Poser 7 sr3 here, works fine, only problem after sr3 updater, was video drivers yet again. Try switching preview rendering to SreeD, and accumulation buffer to software. I'm using nVidia but Ati also seems to cause problems for people.

regards...

Arraxxon ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 9:08 PM · edited Sun, 13 July 2008 at 9:13 PM

Using SR3 with Poser 7 and Vista Ultimate 64bit now, too.

Poser 7 crashed all the time, i've moved the mouse into the 3D window over a figure.

I remembered, that i've installed just a few days ago a new Forceware graphics driver - 177.40 beta.
For a test i've reinstalled the WHQL certified 175.19 driver - and then Poser 7 was working again without a problem.
Reinstalled the 177.40 beta driver and Poser 7 crashed again immediatly after moving into 3D window.

I opened the Nvidia control panel with right-click menue on desktop. There, under 3D settings i've added "Poser.exe" and checked the different setting possibilities one after each other.
Then i've found, what i was looking for - the setting "Threaded Optimisation", which lets applications use the advantages of multiple CPUs/GPUs had to be set from "AUTO" to "OFF".
Saved this setting - and after that Poser 7 ran without crashing with this new 177.40 beta driver.

Seems like Poser 7 is using it's own system for multiple CPUs - or the new Nvidia beta driver isn't checked all the way through yet ... maybe it will work again with the "AUTO" setting after the beta turns into WHQL state.

If it's not known - for multiple CPU use in renders to speed up rendering, you just go to the "Render" tab in the Poser 7 preferences settings and  there under "Render Process" tab you can set the amount of CPU cores, to be used - depending on your CPU respectively.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.