Fri, Sep 20, 2:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Render Studio

martial ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 1:57 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:29 PM
Online Now!

I have bought it from RDNA
Wow It 's really a  complete studio
I am playing with differents setups and the control of the lights with the script
I strongly recommend it
Never have so many controls on my lights

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 2:24 PM

Are you on Poser 7, martial? I ask because I wanted to get this, but there has been an update to TKInter for Poser 7, and I don't know if Render Studio uses TKInter, and if so if it still works okay.

Thanks

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

martial ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 3:11 PM
Online Now!

Bonjour
I have used Poser 7 pro

martial ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 3:35 PM
Online Now!

Quote - Bonjour
I have used Poser 7 pro
It suppose to be ok with P6 and P7
What is TKinter ??

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 3:48 PM

I think TKInter provides an interface to Python so it can utilise nice-looking OS-type screens and dialogues instead of the Poser-like ones. But I'm not sure.

I only know that someone else said their Python/TKInter scripts were broken because of this update in SR3.

mwafarmer ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 4:46 PM · edited Sun, 13 July 2008 at 4:46 PM

Render Studio works fine with SR3.

Mike

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 5:23 PM

Thank you Mike, URA*

altmandee ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 5:58 PM

Before updating to SR3 do we have to install Poser 7 Content Update for Windows?  The file is about 141 MB. 

Another question is this why after updating is poser still in e frontier folder  and yet I access it through Smith Micro on the start Menu.  The efrontier folder on start menu is empty!!!

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 6:08 PM · edited Sun, 13 July 2008 at 6:09 PM

altmandee, the Poser Content update is not required for SR3, it just updates some of the included figures, poses, props, lights, etc. in the Poser 7 Runtime library.

It would be too complicated for the SR3 update program to move an existing install across to another Program Files folder before updating the files, so it just updates the program where it is. Changing the Start Menu items is easy, though.

altmandee ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 6:29 PM

IsaoShi- Thank you for the quick response!  One thing I did notice is that some poser files example in Hair (round sphere) = poser file and a png file.  The sphere is replaced with a flat file with an icon on it and has the same png file to go with it!

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 6:59 PM

Hi altmandee... sorry, I don't think I understand what you are saying there. Are you talking about the png files that have the same name as each poser file in the library folders? These are the thumbnail images for the Poser library icons. Or do you mean something else?

Izi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.