Sat, Sep 21, 6:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Free Stuff for poser (Instructions)?

velarde ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 1:00 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:47 AM

Hello people: sorry to bother you with this question but I went to the free stuff section and downloaded some hair objects But all I got is an Internet Explorer file with .ez at the end. What should I do with it? Do I need to decompress it? I'm using a Mac thanks

rcook ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 1:06 PM

Your browser didn't get the actual file name. The ".ez" file is from the download HTML page. Try giving it a .ZIP extension and opening it.

Daio ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 2:35 PM

Aladdin expander will happily expand .ez files. I use it all the time. You can download it (it's free) at http://www.aladdinsys.com/expander/

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

rcook ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 2:37 PM

".ez" is the file extension of the scripting language we use to program Renderosity. Your program is just looking at the file and determining that it's really a ZIP file. :)

Daio ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 2:41 PM

I don't doubt that. But I don't need to rename it to get Expander to decompress it. On a Mac just reanming the file with a .zip extention won't do anything unless you also have Expander or some other decompression software that handles .zip files.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

rcook ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 2:42 PM

Aahhh, a Mac. We'll see now ... there's your first problem ... ;)

Daio ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 2:50 PM

I have both. A Compaq Armada Laptop and Mac G4. Guess which one doesn't crash and require I reload the OS and most of the software at least once a month. :-) velarde though, mentioned in his or her message that he or she was using a Mac

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 4:31 PM

there is a kick that MartinC came up with that makes it work again ... you basically have to look through the preferences to find something that corresponds to Zip and force the renderosity thing to use that. Or go to Netscape. If I have anything I want to download from here I got to netscape first. That has no problem with it. If you have expander you can expand the file from within there but it doesn't help with the labelling of the thing. Still just has a bunch of confusing junk like download.ez or download2.ez

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 5:49 PM

Hrmmm... I use both a PC and IE5, and I've never had a problem with it doing that to .zip files from here... wierd.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

velarde ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 6:54 PM

Attached Link: http://www.velarde.com

Thanks for all the answers people Yep... I just changed the extension (.ez) to .zip and Expander took it from there Talk to you later I'm jumping between the Carrara forum and the Poser forum. Great place you have here (what the Infini-D Postforum used to be in its days of glory...)

JanP ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 8:20 PM

Krakadarr, Well no wonder you have to rebbot and reinstall on your OC so much. You were ignorant enough to buy a Compaq. Compaq is a total peice of garbage. Any computer tech will tell you that. My college uses compaq and the computer team was pissed when the college bought them because the techs told the college that they were junk. But to the college they were cheap. Never by a brand name. Build your own. I am a PC user(win98). And yes no and then I crash and have to reboot but it is extremely rare that I need to reinstall software. Infact I haven't none that in the two years I've owned my PC. I chose that parts and had a small shop assemle it. Next time I will actually assemble it myself since I realized how simple it is to do so. And BTW its actually a known fact that statistically, MACs crash no less or more than PC's. Of course this will vary from person to person but thats what the ststs say. The main reason for Windows crashing is because it uses both 16-bit and 32-bit files and they sometimes conflict with each other. The othher reason is the quality of the board architecture. Such as Compaqs. Of wich, for Compaq is very low. JanP

JanP ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 8:24 PM

Sorry for the typos. And I forgot to mention that in the beginning I was ignorant too. My first PC was a crap py of all crappy PC's. A Packard Bell. Never by a PC with PAckard in the name. It means trouble.JanP

MartinC ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2001 at 2:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=145546

The .ez trouble is a IE bug, not a Mac bug - blame Bill, not Steve... :-) There is currently no way to get IE into using the real name of the file (unless Microsoft bothers to fix it), but you can get your Mac into typing the .ez files to ZIP so that you can double-click them to expand. Link to the how-to thread is included.

Daio ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2001 at 7:23 AM

I didn't buy the Compaq - work did.

JanP ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2001 at 1:30 AM

Oh, sorry for the assumtion.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.