Thu, Sep 19, 4:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: For those looking for something else beside semi-naked Warrior Princesses

toulouse2k ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 7:51 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:42 AM

Hey, I like semi-naked girls as much as the next guy, but some of my clients don't; at least when they need concepts of offices and hospitals etc. Now I don't want this to be considered spam, because I really have no business relationship with this vendor, excepts as a customer. Anyway a vendor named 9mbi is having a 2-for-one sale. A lot of the fashions he/she makes are more "everyday" and "modest" which is what I need for my concept mock-ups. If you are looking for that type of thing you may want to check it out.

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 8:36 AM

file_410231.jpg

...is offended.. LOL!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 10:50 AM

Yes I have a lot of 9mbi's items and they are very good. It's nice to see a vendor listen to customers that want other things besides a couple of strips of cloth and a sword. Kobamax is another vendor that does everyday clothing well.

My Facebook Page

JQP ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 11:12 AM

Thanks for the tip.  Yes, let's all pray that the sex gets toned down in the future Poser clothing market.  I wish there was a lot more stuff for male figures, too.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:10 PM

Isn't a scantily clad vixen 'everyday' & 'modest'?
I think I hang out at the wrong places! :ohmy:

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:21 PM · edited Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:22 PM

9mbi's stuff is absolutely top notch. I wish the whole market would take a close look at his approach. More then fair price, excellent conception and design, attention to detail and sensible mesh use, great morph support. I would be EVER so happy if the other vendors took thier lead from 9mbi.

I would love "everyday style" hair like the old Poser 4 hair for men and women but with modern mapping and texture standards and I can't imagine having enough real world style clothes. Greenpots has come out with some very nice realistic everyday interior settings which I have purchased despite them being very European in design as opposed to more North American.

I still derive income from my commercial work with Poser, not once did I use fantasy hair or NVITWAS costumes in that work but I was prepared to shell out what was needed for real world style content for the project at hand and until recently my purchases were strictly limited to items purchased for commercial projects. The stuff I have used the most is Kozoburo's every day hair, Lab 401's every day props and realisitic scene construction sets such as PICK from RDNA.

"Props" to 9mbi!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 2:16 PM

PICK is awesome I noticed there are more parts like French doors and more windows. I also have greenpots kitchen and got the bathroom today and love them both the props in both of these sets are worth the money alone. I also do commercial work to that doesn't take in the fantasy side. Most of the people I work with want real world settings. I'd also like to see more every day, casual hair styles as well. One keeps hearing fantasy and sci-fi sells however I do see so many posts, more and more, requesting more real world items and settings.

My Facebook Page

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 4:51 PM

Are you guys talking about 9mbi's dresses or his political figures?
I'm assuming you're not talking about his bikini sets ;)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

JQP ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 4:56 PM · edited Fri, 18 July 2008 at 4:58 PM

*One keeps hearing fantasy and sci-fi sells however I do see so many posts, more and more, requesting more real world items and settings.

I'd love to see more sci-fi and fantasy...NORMAL sci-fi and fantasy, not g-strings.  Try something simple like reconstructing the characters and outfits from a show like Serenity and see how far you get.  Not that I have, but just from what I know about available content I bet it'd be pretty hard.  If Metal Hurlant is your thing, you're covered.  Otherwise there are biiiig gaps.

aella ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 7:23 PM

I like 9mbi's dresses and swim wear very well made and easy to work with at some point when get some time on my hands I want to release textures I made for Messy Art Swim Suit. Connie I can't wait to the outfit your working on comes out.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 8:42 PM

Quote - Connie I can't wait to the outfit your working on comes out.

ooh, Thank You :)
I always end up thinking that only the people whom reply to the thread there see it... Then I get surprized when someone else mentions it.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 8:53 PM · edited Fri, 18 July 2008 at 8:56 PM

I agree. I love his stuff. I only wish there were more addon textures made for them.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 9:10 PM

Quote - *One keeps hearing fantasy and sci-fi sells however I do see so many posts, more and more, requesting more real world items and settings.

I'd love to see more sci-fi and fantasy...NORMAL sci-fi and fantasy, not g-strings.  Try something simple like reconstructing the characters and outfits from a show like Serenity and see how far you get.  Not that I have, but just from what I know about available content I bet it'd be pretty hard.  If Metal Hurlant is your thing, you're covered.  Otherwise there are biiiig gaps.

Speaking of gaps, since I've been working on my Stormchaser outfit, I've had some mail and messages from people asking about making other outfits - from various comic strips.
Any thoughts about that?

On one hand one of theese days someone will smack me around and quizz me whether I can make something more original... But on the other hand, I kind of like working on requests like that.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 10:25 AM

Quote - ...is offended.. LOL!

'Does this skimpy and impractical armour make me look fat?"

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 11:07 AM

Quote - > Quote - ...is offended.. LOL!

'Does this skimpy and impractical armour make me look fat?"

HeHee.. "More cushion for da pushin"...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

jewell ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2008 at 3:54 PM

Quote - I agree. I love his stuff. I only wish there were more addon textures made for them.

Send me or post the templates and I'll make some up for the freestuff area.

Quote - 'Does this skimpy and impractical armour make me look fat?"

Yes. Always. If you ask the question, you already know the answer. As I know so very well. lol

Thanks for the new merchants to watch, guys.

Also, love the Wardrobe Wiz, but I find the Clothing Converter easier to use myself. Probably because it came out first and I got used to using it. lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.